Study Cal - Student Planner and Organizer
By Nicholas Doherty
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Study Cal helps you manage your classes, organize your assignments, and track your grades. With Study Cal, your entire academic life is simplified, and you’ll always feel ahead.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• Add semesters (or quarters, trimesters, etc) and track your GPA. You can specify custom GPA scales on a per-class basis.
• Add classes, instructors, notes, and grades. You can specify custom grading scales and custom assignment types on a per-class basis. Study Cal fully supports both point and percent based grading systems.
• Add assignments, multiple reminders, and repeat schedules. Study Cal fully supports both weekly and block based scheduling.
• Add notes, and attach multiple photos to your notes. You can also attach notes to assignments.
HOW IT KEEPS YOU ORGANIZED
• When viewing an upcoming assignment, you’ll be told exactly what grade you need to either achieve the next letter grade in the class, or maintain your current one. For example, if you have a 88% in a class, Study Cal might say something like “You need a 93% on this assignment to achieve an A in the class”. Both point and percent based grading systems are supported.
• When viewing a grade, you’ll see exactly how much it counts towards your final grade in the class.
• Study Cal presents you with a full screen weekly and daily calendar, so you’ll always know when, and how long, upcoming events are relative to one another.
• See a detailed graph of your grade history on a per-class basis.
• Track completed assignments, organized by the date you completed them.
• Search all of your assignments by name, class, type, or note.
• Study Cal has a notification center widget that displays the week's events. You can mark events complete right from notification center, or tap one to launch Study Cal right into an event!
• Get morning and/or evening digest notifications. A morning digest notification is a single sentence summary about the day’s upcoming events. An evening digest notification tells about the next day’s events. Digest notifications are configurable by days of the week and time.
• Study Cal is gesture driven. Swipe to quickly complete assignments.
• Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
What's New in Version 3.2
Welcome to Study Cal 3.2!
New interface improvements! There are at least 20 of them, but here are a few - You can now specify the type of academic term you use, you'll also find numerous improvements to the class detail page. There have been a few improvements to animation and a number of interface glitches have been fixed.
Stability! You'll find that the app is faster and more reliable than ever before. Some users report issues of data loss and crashing in the current version. This update aims to eradicate these problems. See for yourself!
Bug fixes! There are a few noticeable glitches in the current version. Ranging from annoying to barely noticeable. This updates aims to fix all of these bugs.
No more iCloud syncing. Syncing between devices has been removed in this update but will return in a future update.
When you update to Study Cal 3.2, your data will be migrated to the new backend system seamlessly.
I have a fairly complex app system for my school organization. Study Cal is an integral part of that system. It allows me to keep track of my assignments and grades in a format that is equally efficient as it is aesthetically pleasing. However there are some minor issues. When calculating GPA unit weight of each class needs to be factored in as many classes aren't worth the same as others. Also the whole active quarter thing confused me when first trying to input my previous grades into the app. I feel a nesting organization format would be more effective. There should also be a desktop version of this app that can be synced via cloud! Then, this app would be perfect for any college student as obsessed with organization as I am!
This is great
I'm in graduate school and don't always remember to write things in a planner, which is why I looked for an alternative for my phone instead. I don't like that there currently no iCloud syncing but that's, from what it sounds like, temporary so I am not including it. The interface is great and I enjoy there isn't all the unnecessary features other ones have, like professor office hours, which I don't find useful to have. There are no ads and the interface is smooth and clean. I really enjoy this one and I hope in the future there will be enough demand for a computer app. :)
Sync in all devices
I fall in love immediately with this app but doesn't allow me to sync my info with my Ipad. It is frustrating because I want to have the same info in all my devices, so whenever I open it I have the same information so i can continue with homework. I try to copied the info from one device to another but the app doesn't have that option. Also is a pain in the neck when I try to copy my grades only kept the name of the subjects and not the grades. I hope that you fix this soon, as my concern this is necessary. Thank you for creating the app anyway.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 25, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nicholas Doherty
- © Nicholas Doherty
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Study Cal Pro$4.99