Omni Study - Student Planner and Organizer
By Nicholas Doherty
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Omni Study is an elegant student planner app that helps students manage their classes, assignments, events, and grades. Omni Study will help you prioritize your tasks and get ahead.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Add classes, teachers, and class times
- Create repeating events and assignments (such as lectures or weekly quizzes)
- See what grade you need on your next assignment to either achieve the next letter grade, or to maintain your current grade in a class
- Supports both percent and point based grading systems
- Specify custom grade marks (such as A, B, A*, HP, HH, etc)
- Supports block schedules as well as home and online schools
- Create assignments and custom assignment types and weights on a per-class level
- See a trend of your grades graphed over time
- Get push notification reminders for classes, events, and assignments
- Get push notification reminders to start working on assignments
- See a history of your grades graphed over time
- Add goals and track progress in stages
- Sync with iCal. You can specify the iCal calendar, duration, and iCal alarms (or no alarm);
- Sync with all your devices automatically via iCloud
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Fixed a few bugs that were causing the app to crash
- Fixed a bug preventing new assignments from being added
- Optimized the saving/loading system to be more responsive
This app is FANTASTIC! It is beautifully displayed, organized, fairly priced (and *well* worth the .99$), plus it has all the bells and whistles you need. The creator of the app also is very good at responding to suggestions and any questions you may have. I shot him an email at 7 and he was back to me by 8:30!
If you are heading into junior year or college, then this is the app for you. It keeps track of your grades, grades needed to maintain or go up a grade. Plus you can set you own grading scale which is SUPER helpful!!
There are a few improvements to further enhance it but these are not nuisance but more bells and whistles: 1) Security--maybe it could use a passcode or something (Someone said there is this ability but I cannot find it)
2) Picture Support--Sometimes I take pictures of the homework assigned so I don't have to write it down (I know I'm lazy!) and maybe in the "Notes" section I could place a picture of the instructions instead of typing it out.
3) Calendar view in app--Yes iCal support is great but my classes already use Google calendar for scheduling so maybe just something in the app to display ONLY homework and my tests too (meaning not my class schedule) that I have inputed in the app.
Other wise this is fantastic! And regular updates! Who doesn't love that!
Very Satisfied with OmniStudy
This is an amazing app! I've written a previous review (prior to this version release) regarding the grade system and syncing events with iCal... And it appears everything has been done to smoothly revamp both of the features I was struggling with. Thank you to the developers and app creator. This app is everything I need for organizing my classes/class schedule, homework, projects, and grades. I can't recommend this app enough to fellow busy students! Money well spent. :)
It is a work in progress, I can see this working very nicely for the majority of students. However, for students who write a lot of papers it is difficult to set the grading policy and account for them. Say, if u have to write 4 essays, and each is worth a percentage of the grade, I had a hard time adjusting the app. After wrestling with the app, I decided to just write everything out on my blackboard, and use a handy notepad - I might try it again after it updates and gets better.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 08, 2014
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nicholas Doherty
- © Nicholas Doherty
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.