OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you’ll always have your important information at hand, whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home—whatever you need.
We’ve refreshed the entire user interface for iOS 7. We’ve also gone deeper and reorganized some of the navigation to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas from your head to this app, and update them as you make progress towards your goals.
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac). Syncs can even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
- Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni’s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when you’re not looking at OmniFocus.
- Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
- Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
- Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
- Tell Siri what’s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
- Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
- Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
- Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
- Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
We've worked very hard to bring you this new version in time for iOS 7! But we didn’t have enough time to craft:
- TextExpander integration
- Landscape orientation
- Localization (to the same languages as OF1)
For more information, please watch the video on our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
OmniFocus for iPhone v2.1.1 improves stability and restores support for links to projects, contexts, and perspectives.
• Our primary focus for this release has been to improve the stability of the app. Thank you to everyone who sent us crash reports!
• Fixed a crash encountered after syncing a change from another device which deleted a task which was due, flagged, or still in the inbox.
• Fixed a crash encountered during first run setup when opening a link to automatically configure your sync settings.
• Fixed a crash encountered when returning to the app after leaving it during the middle of an audio recording.
• Fixed some crashes occasionally encountered when the list of tasks currently being displayed was updated in memory without corresponding updates being made on screen.
• Fixed a crash encountered when canceling the edit of a context's location.
• Fixed a crash encountered when a device's GPS reported an update to its current location while a context's location was being edited by dragging a pin on a map.
• Fixed a regression in version 2.1's link handling which lost support for links to projects, contexts, and perspectives.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
You can only do worse; you can’t do better.
This might be your gateway drug to OF for the Mac and iPad, so be forewarned. This app does everything I need to do to capture new tasks, see what I should be doing, and manage all my projects.
It works well on the iPhone, integrating nicely with Siri, a bookmarklet to capture directly from Safari, and syncs with the rest of OF.
This is a powerful app. It’s not a single dimension, cutesy to-do list. I track *all* my home, personal, professional, and work tasks, over 3400 divided into I don’t know how many projects. If you want to really get a handle on things, OF will help you do it.
I need more
Maybe I downloaded the wrong app. This doesn't sync with gCal. It's nice that Siri is integrated. But I have a few part time jobs and many appointments with a lot of traveling. If I could add a phone number to a reminder in the notes, and had the ability to just tap the phone number and it would call, that would be great. I feel like my gCal is a whole other world away from this great app. I need more. Wish I would of read the descriptions closer. If you want a good strong task app only, this is good. Doesn't integrate with gCal like I would want.
By Far, Best Task Management
So far, I have gotten completely accustomed to using OmniFocus as my everyday planner for everything I do. The reminder integration into OmniFocus is one of my favorite features, since I can just tell Siri to remind me to do something, and Omnifocus adds it to my schedule. Would recommend highly, and it is well worth $20.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.