OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you’ll always have your important information at hand, whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home—whatever you need.
We’ve refreshed the entire user interface for iOS 7. We’ve also gone deeper and reorganized some of the navigation to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas from your head to this app, and update them as you make progress towards your goals.
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac). Syncs can even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
- Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni’s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when you’re not looking at OmniFocus.
- Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
- Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
- Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
- Tell Siri what’s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
- Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
- Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
- Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
- Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
We've worked very hard to bring you this new version in time for iOS 7! But we didn’t have enough time to craft:
- TextExpander integration
- Landscape orientation
- Localization (to the same languages as OF1)
For more information, please watch the video on our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
OmniFocus for iPhone v2.1.1 improves stability and restores support for links to projects, contexts, and perspectives.
• Our primary focus for this release has been to improve the stability of the app. Thank you to everyone who sent us crash reports!
• Fixed a crash encountered after syncing a change from another device which deleted a task which was due, flagged, or still in the inbox.
• Fixed a crash encountered during first run setup when opening a link to automatically configure your sync settings.
• Fixed a crash encountered when returning to the app after leaving it during the middle of an audio recording.
• Fixed some crashes occasionally encountered when the list of tasks currently being displayed was updated in memory without corresponding updates being made on screen.
• Fixed a crash encountered when canceling the edit of a context's location.
• Fixed a crash encountered when a device's GPS reported an update to its current location while a context's location was being edited by dragging a pin on a map.
• Fixed a regression in version 2.1's link handling which lost support for links to projects, contexts, and perspectives.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
It's good but could be much better
I really wanted to love this app. I read about how great it is but always hesitated because of the cost. Took the plunge and expected awesome - but was disappointed. No tags. No priorities. No integrated calendar. You have to transfer back and forth between the app and the apple calendar. I expected much more. It's very clean and attractive, but it's not the best app of its kind. I've tried many and spent too much money, but find my personal favorite is Pocket Informant, which is beautiful and customizable and has so many more options than Omnifocus. It's crazy better. I know it's a personal decision and we are all looking for different things, but I don't see how someone could find Omnifocus that great. Like I said, it's good... it may be perfect for you, but it really is NOT the best. It's quite limited actually. But if the limited functions it offers are the exact things you are looking for, you will love it! I personally found more freedom and function with Pocket Informant.
Odd implementation decisions
I really want to like this app. The geo-tagged contexts are helpful when visiting a particular store, and the integrated calendar/forecast view is a great way to schedule tasks against events.
But the developers have made some odd choices that make the app frustrating to use. Deferring a task doesn't remove it from the forecast's "future" view. The logic behind repeating tasks is baffling, with the app appearing to make up due dates/times and defer dates/times based on no obvious rationale. Deferring a repeating task "breaks" the template, making the next copy of the task have a defer date based on the current defer date, rather than resetting the defer date to a default value for that task.
The overall feel I get when using OmniFocus is that it's a "needy" app. It requires too much maintenance for simple things, so I can't imagine trying to use it for dozens or hundreds of tasks. If you're looking for an app that gets out of your way, get Things.
Love this App! Needs a way faster way to flag actions.
I have tried almost every GTD app under the sun, and this is the best out there. It offers everything you could ever want to organize your life. It's an extremely robust, comprehensive, and feature-packed to-do app. It's pricier than most apps, but it is absolutely worth it. The only suggestion I have for the development team is to create a faster way to flag actions. I use the flagging function often, and I would love a way to flag actions faster. For instance, it would be great if I could "pull" an action from right to left and get the option to flag the action before I get the option to delete it. Other than that, this app is fantastic!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.