OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you’ll always have your important information at hand, whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home—whatever you need.
We’ve refreshed the entire user interface for iOS 7 and 8 (as of v2.4, iOS 8 is required). We’ve also gone deeper and reorganized some of the navigation to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas from your head to this app, and update them as you make progress towards your goals.
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac). Syncs can even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
- Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni’s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when you’re not looking at OmniFocus.
- Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
- Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
- Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
- Tell Siri what’s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
- Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
- Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
- Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
- Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
For more information, please watch the video on our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.4.4
OmniFocus 2.4.4 addresses problems with syncing and performance:
• Hang — Fixed a hang related to publishing OmniFocus’ due items calendar.
• Background Sync — Changed our use of the iOS Data Protection API to avoid blocking background sync.
• Crash — Fixed a crash more common on older devices related to tapping controls while something else is already in progress.
• Crash — Fixed a crash on launch.
• Memory Leak — Fixed a memory leak.
Keep hoping for more!
Omnifocus 2 is visually appealing, but lacks options. It has potential, but no way to sort by due date within projects-seems like a disorganized mess unless using Forecast which makes date sensitive future planning a chore. Needs additional custom repeat options such as every x months on the first/last/2nd -day of the month. For the cost, it seems they could at least provide custom repeats that are offered with the native reminders app. Would like to see a due date of "today" badge number rather than last 24 hours. Still no way to tell if notes exist on an item other than digging in to each individual item.
Update Removed My Primary Interface
They decided that a bunch of the Perspectives weren't useful and so removed them. This is very frustrating because the Due Perspective was the primary interface I used. Now I have to Forecast which requires me to flip between days to think about what to do.
To make matters worse Forecast has a bug that requires me to back out to the main menu every time I open OmniFocus. Otherwise, flipping between days doesn't actually work.
I regret spending so much money on OmniFocus for iPhone and Mac. Apparently if I spent even more money for the iPad version I could re-create what one of their developers decided to remove for no good reason.
My life in a box
I've been using OmniFocus for a few years now and it's the only app I trust to keep my life organized. I'd been tempted by prettier apps that were less useful, but OF2's beauty ended that line of thinking
I like that I can use my custom perspectives so easily, and that if I don't want to trust a third party with all my data (hi NSA!) I can sync it with any standard WebDAV server.
There are trendier apps but none that deliver GTD so powerfully, thoroughly, and effortlessly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 03, 2015
- Version: 2.4.4
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2014 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.