OmniFocus 2 (legacy support edition)
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thank you for your interest in OmniFocus 2! We encourage anyone considering OmniFocus to purchase our universal app rather than this iPhone-only app. The universal app adds new features and is designed for all iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
The universal app is the same price as this iPhone-only app, but it’s a better deal.
This app is still in the App Store so we can continue to offer updates to our existing customers, and so they can use Complete My Bundle to switch to the universal app without having to pay full price.
If you're a new customer considering OmniFocus, we encourage you to follow the Related Apps links to our universal OmniFocus 2 app (the one with a black checkmark on the icon, rather than this one with the white checkmark).
If you've been using OmniFocus 2 for iPhone and would like to start using OmniFocus on your Apple Watch or iPad, you can use Complete My Bundle with the OmniFocus Legacy Support Bundle to get full credit for your existing investment in OmniFocus. (If you previously purchased OmniFocus 2 for iPad, you don't even need to Complete My Bundle! Check your Purchased apps: the universal update is free.)
If you own this app and don’t need the universal app, you’ll still get major free updates: features such as Dark Mode, Swipe to Flag, and Push-Triggered Syncing are on the way. Stay tuned!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.9
OmniFocus 2.9 fixes bugs. No need to panic about the version number—this app will go to eleven and likely far beyond (anyone remember OmniFocus for iPhone 1.16.3?).
• Captured Reminders — Added a hidden preference for whether Reminders Capture should add a note about where to find the original item. You can turn the note off using:
...and back on using:
• Reminders Capture — Prevented OmniFocus from creating multiple entries for captured Reminders.
• Deferred Inbox and Flagged Items — These items are once again hidden in Today.
• Spotlight — Fixed a bug where Perspectives were not indexed in non-English localizations.
• Quick Actions — Prevented a blank Inbox item from being created when the app had been backgrounded showing Help, Release Notes, or Contact Omni.
• Crash on Launch — Fixed a crash trying to jump from Spotlight search to a perspective that wasn’t visible on the OmniFocus home screen. This was only reachable on a cold launch of OmniFocus.
• Pasting from Notes — Pasting checklists from Notes once again strips [ ] and [x].
• First Run — We now ignore all URLs other than the unadorned omnifocus:/// and setup URLs during first run.
Because of timing, we never got a chance to release OmniFocus 2.8.1 for iPhone. Here are the release notes for that version (changes also present in 2.9):
• Spotlight — OmniFocus now indexes Contexts, Folders, and Perspectives (both built-in and custom) so that you can search for them using spotlight on your iOS device. We also added Today to the index.
• Spotlight Icons — We now give each type of item a different icon in Spotlight results.
• New Inbox Item Button — Fixed a problem where this button would be hidden after foregrounding the app.
• Quick Actions — Prevented items deleted via Sync from appearing in the 3D Touch Quick Actions menu, and fixed several bugs related to opening Quick Actions.
• Pasting Plain Text — In addition to detecting items pasted from Notes, we now also trim -, *, or • ("bullet” characters) and leading whitespace when pasting into lists.
• Quick Action Icons — Updated the images used for 3D Touch Quick Actions to better match those from Apple.
• Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Fixed some rare bugs too complicated to explain here, including crashes.
excellent software but steep upgrade costs
I love Omnifocus and use it every day. It's a great system and I'm leaving my previous review below.
Frustrating that some updates require me to spend an additional $40 on top of the $20 I originally paid ($20 to "complete my bundle" to get "Omnifocus for iOS" and then *another* $20 for a "pro upgrade"). I understand this isn't a cheapo $2.99 app and is being very well developed and updated -- but $60 total feels like a LOT for an iOS app.
-- previous review --
This is a perfect companion to the Mac version. It's not a "to do list" app, it's a complete personal project management system.
You can make to-do lists inside it to be sure, but it's a lot more than that. Think of it as a "list of lists", with very powerful organization and review features built in.
Apple Watch support
The fact that this version doesn't have Apple Watch support meant I had to pay $20 for the universal version when I don't even have an iPad. Really felt like being taken to the cleaners. Especially since Omnifocus 2 Pro for Mac already costs a $80, then $5 for custom quick entries in Omnifocus 2 for Mac. I already purchased Omnifocus 1 for Mac, iPad and iPhone just a couple years ago. Omnigroup takes you for a ride.
Update breaks legacy app entirely
Unable to update the legacy application, forcing me to upgrade.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 02, 2015
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2015 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.