By The Omni Group
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Live a productive, contextual life with OmniFocus 2 for Mac. Keep work and play separated with contexts, perspectives, and Focus. Ignore the irrelevant, focus on what you can do now, and accomplish more. And do it all much faster than before.
OmniFocus' interface was designed and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app, whether you’re using Getting Things Done™ (GTD™) or any other productivity system. It's powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iOS and Apple Watch).
OmniFocus 2 features everything you need to seriously get stuff done:
• Reliable sync with NEW push triggering using our free service or your own server. Keep your entire database at your fingertips by syncing with OmniFocus for iOS and Apple Watch (available from the App Store as a separate purchase).
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Customizable Layout: Choose a fluid view that automatically shows and hides fields as needed, or use Custom Columns for scannable, tabular lists.
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished
• NEW Customize OmniFocus' look with the colors and fonts of your choosing.
• Sharing Extension captures content from any app that has a Share button
• Today Extension shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Collect from anything that can send email—Omni Sync Server’s Mail Drop adds items directly to your OmniFocus Inbox
• Attach (or link to) important reference material.
• Open the Forecast perspective to see your due items for each day alongside events from your OS X Calendar.
• The Review perspective (NEW IN 2) makes sure nothing falls through the cracks.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful. Pro is available via In-App Purchase and free to customers who purchased OmniFocus 1 from the Mac App Store:
• Custom Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's home screen.
• AppleScript support enables all kinds of cool workflows.
• Focus feature lets you block out stuff that isn't immediately actionable.
• Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
For more information, please watch the video on our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on Twitter at @omnifocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and get more done.
What's New in Version 2.9
OmniFocus 2.9 introduces a new attachment storage and sync system. To migrate to the new system you’ll need to be running OmniFocus 2.19 or later on all of your iOS devices and OmniFocus 2.9 or later on all of your Macs. Once all of your syncing devices are running a version that supports the new system, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database.
• Attachments — Starting with v2.19 (iOS) and 2.9 (Mac), OmniFocus stores attachments separately from the items that contain them, resulting in improved performance and storage efficiency. Once all of your syncing devices are running a version that supports the new attachments, you’ll be prompted to migrate your database.
• Attachment List — The Attachment List window now groups multiple items that reference the same file and provides buttons to easily go to an item.
• Completed Perspective — This perspective no longer shows a group of “Not yet completed” items.
• Repeats — Prevented a crash when importing an item with a repeat rule that OmniFocus doesn’t understand.
• Software Update — Fixed a problem where you might receive “CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 4” when trying to update OmniFocus from within the app.
• Sync Preferences — Fixed a problem where the Unregister button for sync clients was active with no selection in the client list (and unregistered the first client in the list).
• Sync — OmniFocus now handles the DAV 207 multi-status responses returned by NGINX in its default configuration with the nginx-extras APT package.
• Device List — Added the OmniFocus version of the listed device as a tooltip both in the Device List in Preferences and during the database migration flow.
• Documentation — Updated the in-app Help.
• Encryption — We now offer to immediately re-upload and re-encrypt your database when you change your encryption passphrase.
• Future Database Formats — Improved the error message you’ll see when OmniFocus tries to open a database from a later version.
• Localizations — Updated Localizations.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
bring back iCloud sync, please !!!!
Updated all Macs and iOS devices to latest versions, and still waiting to be prompted to migrate to new system!
I still wish the developers bring back iCloud sync, and let the user decide which sync method they want to use. Otherwise solid, although a bit complicated, app.
The new update makes syncing almost seemless! It’s about time. This update makes Omni Focus unbeatable in the GTD department
Most recent update “damaged” program
The 2 stars are for the update, not the program. Working OmniFocus - 5 stars (because I can’t give it more).
“‘OmniFocus’ is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete ‘OmniFocus’ and download it again from the App Store.”
Not the result I want when I update an app as important as my GTD database!
*** Re-install was seamless. Still a bit nerve racking.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 11, 2017
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2007-2017 The Omni Group
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$39.99
- Pro Upgrade (for OmniFocus 1 for Mac Customers)Free