By The Omni Group
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NEW 2-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are now in-app purchases, with discounts for OmniFocus 1 and Legacy Support Edition customers. Download the app for details.
OmniFocus for iOS brings the in-depth task management features of a desktop app to your fingertips. With flexible viewing options, location awareness, and on-the-fly task entry from just about anywhere, OmniFocus is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date—with OmniFocus you’ll always have your important information at hand. Whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, or chores to do at home, whatever you need to do is right there on your iPhone or iPad.
OmniFocus' interface was designed from scratch for iOS and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app, whether you’re using Getting Things Done™ (GTD™) or any other productivity system. It's powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for Mac). Syncs even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Reliable push sync using our free service or your own server. OmniFocus' sync format is encrypted so even if your server is compromised, your data is protected
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you'd like to use to organize your to-dos
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby location-based contexts or viewing them on a map
• Today Widget shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Reminders Capture and OmniFocus Mail Drop for entering OmniFocus actions via Siri or services like IFTTT & Zapier via email
• Interactive notifications for nearby and due items let you mark complete (or snooze) without even opening the app
• Search shows results from the current view or your entire OmniFocus database
• Add Photo and Audio attachments right on your device and view file attachments synced from other devices
• Forecast row shows you how much is due in the next few days on your Home screen or sidebar; open the Forecast perspective to see your due items alongside events from your iOS Calendar
• A dedicated Review perspective makes sure nothing falls through the cracks
• View your most important items with a flick of the wrist using OmniFocus on Apple Watch.
• Choose between light and dark color palettes, or have OmniFocus automatically adjust as background lighting shifts.
• NEW App Lock keeps OmniFocus' interface hidden behind TouchID or a password.
• NEW Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste urls lets you automate complicated workflows using apps like Workflow.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and Home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's Home screen.
• Custom Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
Download OmniFocus now and start your free trial! We included a getting started video to help you get up and running, but there's plenty more info on our website.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on Twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.21.3
OmniFocus 2.21.3 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Crashes — Fixed a crash swiping to delete after dragging to reorder and another one swiping to delete while in Free Viewer mode.
• Nearby — Fixed a crash in Nearby.
• Siri — It’s now possible to add a new item to a list without first unlocking your iPhone.
• Layouts — OmniFocus has been updated for the newest iPhone hardware.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Very Good Organizer. Gorgeous on iPad. updated comments.
The iPad specific version is a nice pc of work. One of the best apps for iPad. Hard to explain here. Get iPad version vs using the iPhone version on iPad. Drag & drop in recent versions- VG.
Usefulness depends on your dedication & time put in to understand the concepts. Setting up to suit your process is not 100% obvious, but worth it if you need or want a robust tool & can handle learning something new. Office ready. Home use as well. Check out the documentation if perplexed, it's really pretty easy & elegant.
NOT fluff or a redundant, marginal app: This is one helps make the iOS shine.
Wish list: Could use embedding of icon for easy Project differentiation from tasks, imo (I cut & paste an icon, or possibly using uppercase for project names).
Could use pick & choose templates?
Maybe able to tick items as 2nd category & flag them as such, for those of us procrastinators with future wish lists. I can’t help but use the INbox as a junk drawer more than I should.
Violates good practice but assigning correct projects & a short list tag is a wish.
Nested tasking could be a little more direct. (these are enhancements, not complaints). Slick drag & drop in latest version nearly resolves that one.
OmniFocus feels neglected as a platform
The Mac app in particular feels neglected. Design is stale and some features users have been asking for, for several years, are still missing.
Readdle looks like the best hope for a modern, powerful task manager. OmniGroup doesn’t appear to care about improving OmniFocus.
Trial is a joke
If this app was worth anything close to its price the developer wouldn’t be so afraid to give a real trial with full functionality or a free version with limited features. The way they do it now makes you wonder what they’re afraid of...
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 2.21.3
- Size: 62.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2017 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$19.99
- Pro Upgrade (for OmniFocus 1 for iPhone or iPad Customers)Free
- Free TrialFree
- Unlock Standard$39.99
- Free UpgradeFree
- Unlock Pro$59.99
- Upgrade from Standard to Pro$19.99
- Upgrade to v2 Pro$29.99
- Pro Upgrade (from legacy app)$19.99
- Upgrade to v2 Standard$19.99