By The Omni Group
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NEW 2-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are now in-app purchases, with discounts for OmniFocus 1 and Legacy Support Edition customers. Download the app for details.
OmniFocus for iOS brings the in-depth task management features of a desktop app to your fingertips. With flexible viewing options, location awareness, and on-the-fly task entry from just about anywhere, OmniFocus is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date—with OmniFocus you’ll always have your important information at hand. Whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, or chores to do at home, whatever you need to do is right there on your iPhone or iPad.
OmniFocus' interface was designed from scratch for iOS and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app, whether you’re using Getting Things Done™ (GTD™) or any other productivity system. It's powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for Mac). Syncs even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Reliable push sync using our free service or your own server. OmniFocus' sync format is encrypted so even if your server is compromised, your data is protected
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you'd like to use to organize your to-dos
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby location-based contexts or viewing them on a map
• Today Widget shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Reminders Capture and OmniFocus Mail Drop for entering OmniFocus actions via Siri or services like IFTTT & Zapier via email
• Interactive notifications for nearby and due items let you mark complete (or snooze) without even opening the app
• Search shows results from the current view or your entire OmniFocus database
• Add Photo and Audio attachments right on your device and view file attachments synced from other devices
• Forecast row shows you how much is due in the next few days on your Home screen or sidebar; open the Forecast perspective to see your due items alongside events from your iOS Calendar
• A dedicated Review perspective makes sure nothing falls through the cracks
• View your most important items with a flick of the wrist using OmniFocus on Apple Watch.
• Choose between light and dark color palettes, or have OmniFocus automatically adjust as background lighting shifts.
• NEW App Lock keeps OmniFocus' interface hidden behind TouchID or a password.
• NEW Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste urls lets you automate complicated workflows using apps like Workflow.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and Home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's Home screen.
• Custom Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
Download OmniFocus now and start your free trial! We included a getting started video to help you get up and running, but there's plenty more info on our website.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on Twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.20.2
OmniFocus 2.20.2 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
OmniFocus 2.20 introduces a new pricing model: the app is now a free download, with a free two-week trial and in-app purchases for Pro and Standard. This change does not affect existing customers.
• News — Fixed a problem where viewing News launched Safari and did not clear the attention dot.
• Free Viewer — Reminders Capture is now disabled in Free Viewer mode to prevent data loss.
• Reminders Capture — Fixed a hang on launch when the designated Reminders list had thousands of items (including completed items).
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
The best, but not in love
OmniFocus is still the best app despite its many flaws. Among these flaws:
- annoying pricing hoops with versions and legacy apps that almost make you wish you could just pay them a subscription;
- lack of customizability in perspectives (the single developer working on 2Do beats them by miles);
- lack of natural language input (see Todoist)
- lack of ability to integrate with web APIs like IFTTT
- clunky design (compare to Things)
- very slow roll out of even the most basic feature (such as universal search).
- very weak sync. Rarely are the iOS alerts relevant anymore (because I already checked them off on another device and they just haven't synced).
Still, the app is the best because it has the combination of things that other apps lack:
- good customer support
- deferred dates
- consistent experience across devices
I payed 20 dollars for this app...
Coming back to this app after some time and now they're asking me to "unlock" it. This is probably the most expensive app I've ever bought and they do this. Low.
(Edit: Changed my review because of the response. This is a really good app. But I'm moving to Things because I like to pay once and just be done with it.)
Outstanding way to stay organized
I really like OmniFocus. I have it on my iPad, iPhone and desk top Macintosh. Whichever platform I'm using immediately syncs to all the other platforms. I use their own server option. Runs very well. Keeps me on top of all the things I need to keep track of in my Real Estate business.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 28, 2017
- Version: 2.20.2
- Size: 85.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2017 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$19.99
- Pro Upgrade (for OmniFocus 1 for iPhone or iPad Customers)Free
- Free TrialFree
- Unlock Standard$39.99
- Free UpgradeFree
- Unlock Pro$59.99
- Upgrade to v2 Pro$29.99
- Upgrade from Standard to Pro$19.99
- Upgrade to v2 Standard$19.99
- Pro Upgrade (from legacy app)$19.99