By The Omni Group
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NEW 2-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are now in-app purchases, with discounts for OmniFocus 1 and Legacy Support Edition customers. Download the app for details.
OmniFocus for iOS brings the in-depth task management features of a desktop app to your fingertips. With flexible viewing options, location awareness, and on-the-fly task entry from just about anywhere, OmniFocus is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date—with OmniFocus you’ll always have your important information at hand. Whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, or chores to do at home, whatever you need to do is right there on your iPhone or iPad.
OmniFocus' interface was designed from scratch for iOS and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app, whether you’re using Getting Things Done™ (GTD™) or any other productivity system. It's powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for Mac). Syncs even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Reliable push sync using our free service or your own server. OmniFocus' sync format is encrypted so even if your server is compromised, your data is protected
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you'd like to use to organize your to-dos
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby location-based contexts or viewing them on a map
• Today Widget shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Reminders Capture and OmniFocus Mail Drop for entering OmniFocus actions via Siri or services like IFTTT & Zapier via email
• Interactive notifications for nearby and due items let you mark complete (or snooze) without even opening the app
• Search shows results from the current view or your entire OmniFocus database
• Add Photo and Audio attachments right on your device and view file attachments synced from other devices
• Forecast row shows you how much is due in the next few days on your Home screen or sidebar; open the Forecast perspective to see your due items alongside events from your iOS Calendar
• A dedicated Review perspective makes sure nothing falls through the cracks
• View your most important items with a flick of the wrist using OmniFocus on Apple Watch.
• Choose between light and dark color palettes, or have OmniFocus automatically adjust as background lighting shifts.
• NEW App Lock keeps OmniFocus' interface hidden behind TouchID or a password.
• NEW Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste urls lets you automate complicated workflows using apps like Workflow.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and Home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's Home screen.
• Custom Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
Download OmniFocus now and start your free trial! We included a getting started video to help you get up and running, but there's plenty more info on our website.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on Twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.21.2
OmniFocus 2.21.2 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Siri — Improved the information density and appearance of OmniFocus items displayed in the Siri interface, including in search results.
• Crash — Fixed a crash when swiping to delete.
• Free Viewer — Updated the read-only behavior to reduce the chance of lost changes when transitioning from Free Viewer to Standard or Pro.
• Restoring Purchases — Improved the method OmniFocus uses to restore purchases in order to assist those who have multiple AppleIDs.
• Newsletter — Added a link to sign up for our newsletter to Settings.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
An Accomplishment Monitoring System 👍
A problem well solved. Use of the Inbox to capture all to-do stuff in a burst then sort it out later adding dates and context really works for me. OmniFocus leverages the iOS and watchOS platform nicely and helps structure your tasks by project, by context with geolocation support and sequentially or discrete. Love the recurring tasks which help manage the monthly dog medicine and the every six month maintenance items which can slip. Particularly nice is the next recurring date is set when you accomplish the task not from when you should have done this. Much more realistic. On top of all this, the software is elegant, intuitive and well supported on the iOS watchOS platforms and OmniSync, a free service allowing cross platform syncing - it all comes together nicely. As a result, I don’t miss stuff I need to get done and the days of multiple paper lists are gone. There is a great deal of depth to the software - these are elements that are important to my list management. Your important features may vary. More inside depending on how you work. More expensive than other alternatives but worth it if you are looking for a serious system to manage your to-do lists and accomplishments. All hail OmniFocus!
Solid but missing a key simple feature
This a very solid app with a lot of customization that allows me to modify how I use it based on my changing needs. One simple feature I keep looking for that isn’t present is the ability to easily create a task that has multiple steps, one that doesn’t warrant the creation of a project. Currently, to create a multi-step task, I have to create the top level task, save it, create the first step and save it, then go back into the step and move it under the top level task and then I can add additional steps from there. Way too many steps. The fact that this can be done in this app (albeit too complicated) reflects the recognition that this capability is needed, it just isn’t implemented effectively in my view. Things 3 does this the right way so it isn’t impossible - just create the top level task and add the steps while still in the same screen. No need to save first and reopen and move steps.
Update: thanks for the tip on dragging the inbox icon. That definitely is easier than the old approach and I look forward to the future update that has the ability to add within a task.
I tried clear and fantasical trying to get both features at once and was a little spectacle in spending so much on this app. Well all I have to say is game changer. Simple but much more advance than other apps. As long as they maintain updates on the app its worth every penny. I even bought the mac version and pro. Keep it up because im juggling my personal life and managing two stores on this app. I wish they had icloud back up and an upgrade to the user interface. A full calendar option would be very useful as well that way you can see monthly tasks. Please make this changes
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 05, 2017
- Version: 2.21.2
- Size: 62.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2017 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$19.99
- Pro Upgrade (for OmniFocus 1 for iPhone or iPad Customers)Free
- Free TrialFree
- Unlock Standard$39.99
- Free UpgradeFree
- Unlock Pro$59.99
- Upgrade to v2 Pro$29.99
- Pro Upgrade (from legacy app)$19.99
- Upgrade to v2 Standard$19.99
- Upgrade from Standard to Pro$19.99