Two-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are in-app purchases, with discounts for people who bought earlier versions of OmniFocus for iOS. Download the app for details.
Use OmniFocus to accomplish more every day. Create projects and tasks, organize them with tags, focus on what you can do right now — and get stuff done.
OmniFocus — now celebrating 10 years as the trusted, gold-standard to-do list app — brings unrivaled power and flexibility to your iPhone and iPad, making it easy to work the way you want to work.
OmniFocus manages everything in your busy life. Use projects to organize tasks naturally, and then add tags to organize across projects. Easily enter tasks when you’re on the go, and process them when you have time. Tap the Forecast view — which shows both tasks and calendar events — to get a handle on your day. Use the Review perspective to keep your projects and tasks on track.
Then let our free syncing system make sure you data is the same on every device. (And on OmniFocus for Mac, available separately.) Because your data is encrypted, it’s safe in the cloud.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• NEW: Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for person, energy level, priority, location, and more.
• NEW: Batch editing lets you set due dates, tags, and other data for multiple tasks all at once
• NEW: Flexible inspectors allow you to show only the features you use, and reorder them so your favorites are where you want them
• NEW: The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day
• NEW: Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month
• Inbox is where you quickly add tasks — save them when you think of them, organize them later
• Syncing supports end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe wherever it’s stored, on our server or yours
• Notes can be attached to your tasks, so you have the information you need
• Attachments — graphics and audio — add rich information to your tasks
• View options let you customize each perspective by deciding what it should show and how it should filter your tasks
• The Review perspective takes you through your projects and tasks — so you stay organized
• With Siri support you can add tasks just by talking
• OmniFocus Mail Drop adds tasks via email and works with services like IFTTT and Zapier
• The Today Widget and the Apple Watch app show you your most important items — you don’t even have to open OmniFocus on your phone to know what’s up
• Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste URLs lets you automate using Workflow
Pro features make OmniFocus even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Custom perspectives help you create new ways to see your data by filtering and grouping projects and tags. NEW: The filtering rules are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it.
• NEW: Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better
• The customizable sidebar and home screen lets you organize your perspectives the way you want to, for super-fast access
• The Today Widget shows a perspective of your choice in Notification Center
Download OmniFocus right now and start your free trial! The app includes a quick tutorial and a manual — and there’s plenty more on the website.
If you have feedback or questions, our Support Humans would love to hear from you! Send email to email@example.com, call us at at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or reach us on Twitter at @omnifocus.
OmniFocus 3.1.1 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Crash — Fixed a crash that first appeared in OmniFocus 3.1 for iOS.
• Documentation — Updated the reference manual for Siri Shortcuts.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the key tenets of GTD is being able to trust your system. Once a task has been captured, you can relax in the knowledge that it won't be lost; won't be forgotten. OmniFocus on my iPad, iPhone and Mac give me that confidence.
The GTD system is centered around the concepts of Projects and Contexts, which previous versions of OmniFocus supported elegantly. Contexts in particular were a powerful tool, but sometimes frustrating to organize. It was hard to fit every task into a single, meaningful context. The “big idea” with OmniFocus 3 is the change away from context to tag. Tags work exactly like contexts did previously, but you can have many of them on a task instead of one. This is a major game changer. All my tasks were migrated to the new version with no problem, with my former contexts converted to tags. Now I'm rethinking everything about how to use tags in more flexible ways, especially using geofencing tags (like a “Home Depot” tag and a “Lowe's” Tag on tasks to pick up potting soil).
OmniFocus 3 oozes quality and craftsmanship which I've come to expect from the Omni Group. As a loyal customer, I did get it for a discount, but it was an insta-buy anyway. Can't say enough about this great company.
Need to pay again for pro upgrade?
Let me say it clearly: I think Omnifocus is probably the most comprehensive task manager for mac and ios and I gladly payed the pro upgrade for both. I like the omnifocus 3 upgrade, but it is largely tasks instead of contexts, and some tweaks in functionality and UI. What however feels more like a rip-off is that not only a upgrade fee needs to be paid, but I also have to re-purchase the pro upgrade. I would have expected that at least the pro upgrade carries forward to the new version. And I am certain, the same thing will happen with the Mac app once available. For that money, I could (and probably will) switch to another app, like 2do or Things 3. I am sure the developers of omnifocus will claim that OF3 is a completely new app and purchase, but I do not agree and follow that “unlogic”, because this is not a complete redesign of the app. In summary, I like the app and some of the new functions (not sure about events mingled with the tasks). BUT I do not like having to purchase again the pro upgrade. That just does not feel right and existing OF2 pro users should have been appreciated enough to provide this option without an additional fee. Sad.
Finally. Worth the Upgrade.
Been an OF user since v 1, then 2, but left for others (including Things) when OF became convoluted, cluttered, and just plain no fun to use. With OF 3, however, the app is back. Two big improvements for me: tags replace context (it fits my work flow better, more flexible) and improved perspectives (or saved searches). I give it 4 stars rather than 5 because the overall interface is still a little clunky, cluttered, and there are tons of options for drilling down searches (good for some folks, too much for others). Setting up location alerts doesn’t make much sense, but OK. Before I upgraded, I took advantage of the trial: Prove to me this app is actually improved and I will use — and enjoy using. So far so good. The upgrade pricing is fair, too. Not 20 or 25 percent off but a full 50 — 60 is now 30 and much more palatable, considering I’ve spent way too much dinero on OF, Things, and others to find one that I will actually continue to use.
- The Omni Group
- 166 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial Free
- Upgrade to v3 Pro $29.99
- Free Trial Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.