Two-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are in-app purchases, with discounts for people who bought earlier versions of OmniFocus for Mac through the Mac App Store. Download the app for details.
Use OmniFocus to accomplish more every day. Create projects and tasks, organize them with tags, focus on what you can do right now — and get stuff done.
OmniFocus — now celebrating 10 years as the trusted, gold-standard to-do list app — brings unrivaled power and flexibility to your Mac, making it easy to work the way you want to work.
OmniFocus manages everything in your busy life. Use projects to organize tasks naturally, and then add tags to organize across projects. Easily enter tasks when you’re on the go, and process them when you have time. Tap the Forecast view — which shows both tasks and calendar events — to get a handle on your day. Use the Review perspective to keep your projects and tasks on track.
Then let our free syncing system make sure your data is the same on every Mac. (And on OmniFocus for iOS, available separately.) Because your data is encrypted, it’s safe in the cloud.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• NEW: Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for people, energy levels, priorities, locations, and more.
• NEW: The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day.
• NEW: Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month.
• NEW: The Modern, fresh-but-familiar design helps you focus on your content.
• Inbox is where you quickly add tasks — save them when you think of them, and organize them later.
• Syncing supports end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe wherever it’s stored, on our server or yours.
• Notes can be attached to your tasks, so you have all the information you need.
• Attachments — graphics, video, audio, whatever you want — add richness to your tasks.
• View Options let you customize each perspective by deciding what it should show and how it should filter your tasks.
• The Review perspective takes you through your projects and tasks — so you stay on track.
• OmniFocus Mail Drop adds tasks via email and works with services like IFTTT and Zapier (if you’re using our free syncing server).
• The Today Widget shows you your most important items — you don’t even have to switch to the app to know what’s up.
• Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste lets you automate using URLs.
Pro features make OmniFocus even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Custom perspectives help you create new ways to see your data by filtering and grouping projects and tags. NEW: The filtering rules are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it.
• NEW: Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better.
• The customizable sidebar lets you organize your perspectives the way you want to, for super-fast access.
• The Today Widget shows a perspective of your choice in Notification Center.
• AppleScript support opens up a world of automation, using Apple’s Mac scripting language.
Download OmniFocus right now and start your free trial! The app includes a manual, and there’s plenty more documentation on the website.
If you have feedback or questions, our Support Humans would love to hear from you! Send email to email@example.com, call us at at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or reach us on Twitter at @omnifocus.
OmniFocus 3.1.3 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Tags — Fixed a problem where editing a context in OmniFocus 2 could result in lost tag assignments during a database rebuild—such as when updating to a new release. This release repairs databases that were affected by this issue and prevents further lost tag assignments. Any tag assignments already lost will need to be reapplied; we’re very sorry for the inconvenience!
• Crash - Fixed a crash related to color spaces.
• Repeats — Fixed a problem where dates on the children of repeating items would not be correctly incremented upon repeat.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
No calendar for dates
When you create a task, there is no built in, dropdown calendar for selecting the due date. You have to open a seperate application to find out what the date is, and then key it in one character at a time. Renders the whole thing useless.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for review, and sorry for the frustration! OmniFocus does include a calendar picker for dates in the inspector for each item. We offer the text field in the outline so that you can quickly type "next Friday" (for example) without even having to click.
upgrade process stinks
After 3 days of emails they figured it out.
But a lot of waisted time. My recommendation is instead of just saying cannot verify provide steps so that we don’t need three days of support
It's almost as if the only group is trying to force loyal users to pay full price. There is no method other than to verify previous versions on your hard drive. But every time I click on the previous version it says it does not apply even though I bought both versions from the App Store. For such an amazing product, I don't mind paying a little bit for an upgrade, but this is ridiculous. Shame on you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and sorry for the frustration! From your description here we can't tell exactly what might be going wrong, but if you email email@example.com or call +1 800-315-6664 we should be able to get you sorted out quickly—sorry again for the inconvenience.
No tech support for the price I paid..
I decided to shell out the additional $70 or so to upgrade my ios apps as well as my Mac app. Then it all went haywore. I mean, it was flawless before this. I use this app almost constanlty on my Apple Watch and the iois update does not seem to support that now. I called twice, left two emails and only get "we are busy due to the upgrades" So i'm not the only one. I want my money back.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and sorry for the frustration! Our apps are covered by a 30-day guarantee; please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to take advantage of it. OmniFocus 3 for iOS does support Apple Watch, though it requires watchOS 4—that's the first thing that comes to mind when you mention it doesn't appear to be working. Regarding support response times, we looked at our system and it appears that all support voicemails we received Wednesday were returned that day. So hopefully that means that we were able to connect with you after you wrote this; if not, please don't hesitate to email or call again and reference this review.
- The Omni Group
- 45.3 MB
- macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2018 The Omni Group
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.