By The Omni Group
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Creative productivity. Intuitive Design. Powered by Humans.
Design and build incredible graphics, diagrams, process charts, website and app wireframes—from the painlessly simple to the infinitely complex—inside OmniGraffle 7. Create everything you can imagine in the ultimately scalable and easy-to-use app for precise, beautiful graphics.
IMPORTANT UPGRADE DISCOUNTS FOR CURRENT OMNIGRAFFLE OWNERS:
Discounts and free upgrades to OmniGraffle 7, both Standard and Pro, are only available to those who purchased an earlier version from the App Store. Double-check that you purchased a prior version from the App Store via the “Purchased” tab in the App Store app. If you need help, please email email@example.com.
OmniGraffle 7 is an entirely new version with improvements as fine as tweaking individual Bézier points in typography and as broad as the artboards your type is laid out in. Elegantly organize your Infinite Canvas in a brand new Sidebar and improved inspectors.
- Unified Sidebar: improved interactions with objects, layers, and canvases in a newly organized sidebar.
- Point Editor Tool: Immediate access to each and every point on a shape.
- New Export Panel: With just a few clicks, export your graphics in multiple resolutions, perfectly named and organized. Batch exporting, filling set dimensions, and previews are all included.
- Infinite Canvas: make your canvas expand automatically in one, two, three, or all directions.
- Keyboard Shortcut Sets: customize every menu bar command and tool with your preferred shortcut, or choose from a few different sets from popular apps.
- SVG import: paste in SVG code or import SVG files directly to OmniGraffle.
NEW PRO FEATURES
- Artboard Layers: Use artboards to set up advanced, exportable elements, or as another way to organize your canvas.
- Convert text to shapes: convert text to make tweaks to character shapes or add complex styling.
- Convert lines to shapes: turn a line’s stroke into a shape with easily editable Bézier points.
- Shareable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Artboard Tool
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE WITH IN-APP PURCHASE)
- Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio® documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as Visio stencils (VSS) and templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
- Shared layers: Easily update common elements that you'd like to display on multiple canvases. Layers can now be toggled between normal and shared.
- New controls specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector. You can set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
- Non-destructive shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their component shapes.
- Resolution-independent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
- Photoshop export supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
- Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
- Xcode import: Generate a Class diagram of an Xcode project automatically.
For the complete manual, visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! We offer absolutely free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnigraffle.
What's New in Version 7.2.2
OmniGraffle 7.2.2 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• SVG Import — Added preliminary support for importing text. SVG text attributes are imported as text objects now, though font and formatting specifications aren’t supported yet.
• Export Settings — Export Settings, including custom export sizes, are now saved as part of the document so they are available each time you export and on any of your computers. Bonus: You can set up templates with your common export settings and they’ll be pre-filled when you’re ready to export.
• Documentation — Updated documentation to include a section on data variables.
• Stencils Window — The background color now uses the Stencil’s canvas color instead of a sea foam green.
• Recent Stencils — The automatically generated Recents stencil now uses autolayout so stencils aren’t added on top of each other.
• Stencils Window — Clicking the Stencils button in the toolbar now toggles the floating Stencils window open and closed if you have that option selected.
• Touch Bar — Stroke color and fill color controls on the Touch Bar now work when groups are selected.
• Keyboard Shortcuts and Hot Keys — Fixed a bug that caused keyboard shortcuts and hot keys to intermittently stop working.
• Bézier Points — Moving individual Bézier points with arrow keys works again.
• Pen Tool — Fixed a bug that was causing Bézier handles to not appear when clicking and dragging with the Pen tool.
• Text Follows Path — Text labels that are set to follow the path of a line will now account for the stroke width so that they don’t obstruct labels.
• Export — Fixed a bug that caused slashes in canvas names to break the export process.
• Exporting Other OmniGraffle Types — Fixed a bug that causeed all OmniGraffle stencil and OmniGraffle template exports to be OmniGraffle documents instead.
• Diagram Styles — Fixed a couple of bugs that prevented “Restyle Selected Objects” and “Reapply Diagram Style” from working.
• Pattern Fills — Fixed a bug that prevented Pattern Fills from showing in the Color Picker.
• Shared Layers — Fixed a bug that caused the sidebar to not immediately update and display a newly created shared layer.
• Undo — Fixed a bug that caused undoing a “Lay Out Now” operation to not restore all line connections.
• Dragging Multiple Objects — Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause rendering jitter when dragging a selection of multiple objects around the canvas.
• Export Margin — Fixed a bug that prevented the stepper buttons from working in the margin field of the export panel when the canvas units were set to inches.
• Stability — Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when re-organizing content in the outline tab of the sidebar.
• Stability — Fixed many of the crashes that you’ve reported. Thanks for sending them in!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniGraffle.
If OmniGraffle empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniGraffle and make them more productive too.
Outstanding and So Much Better Than Visio
I have been using Omnigraffle for many years and through a number of versions. I also use Omnigraffle 2 for iPad. I am a Solution Architect and part time Mobile Developer. Needless to say I use both the MacOS and IOS extensively. While the user interface is different than Visio’s (what some consider an industry standard), I prefer Omni’s design. Some of the reasons are: intuitive to MacOS users, sensible grouping in the inspectors, awesome new image printing with the art boards, rapid prototyping (to my knowledge this doesn’t exist in Visio), single click for the most common tools, and many more. Considering the last the current price of Visio Pro is just under $600 and the pro version of Omnigraffle is at most $199 (upgrade from previous pro is only $99) and you have the best technical drawing tool out there. Well done again Omnigroup!
Bait and Switch - Not Free Just Demo
This is just a 2 week DEMO with in app purchase after expire. This isn’t what most of us expect as a base model with extras as in app purchase. Should be removed as a free app from store.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Dec 09, 2016
- Version: 7.2.2
- Size: 107 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2000-2016 The Omni Group
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Free TrialFree
- Upgrade to v7 Pro$99.99
- Unlock Standard$99.99
- Unlock Pro$199.99
- Upgrade to v7 Standard$49.99
- Upgrade from v7 to Pro$99.99
- Free upgrade to v7 ProFree
- Free upgrade to v7Free
- Upgrade from v7 to Pro with discount$49.99