Creative productivity. Intuitive Design. Powered by Humans. Free 2-week trial.
Design and build incredible graphics, diagrams, process charts, website and app wireframes—from the painlessly simple to the infinitely complex—inside OmniGraffle 7. Create everything you can imagine in the ultimately scalable and easy-to-use app for precise, beautiful graphics.
IMPORTANT UPGRADE DISCOUNTS FOR CURRENT OMNIGRAFFLE OWNERS:
Discounts and free upgrades to OmniGraffle 7, both Standard and Pro, are only available to those who purchased an earlier version from the App Store. Double-check that you purchased a prior version from the App Store via the “Purchased” tab in the App Store app. If you need help, please email email@example.com.
OmniGraffle 7 is an entirely new version with improvements as fine as tweaking individual Bézier points in typography and as broad as the artboards your type is laid out in. Elegantly organize your Infinite Canvas in a brand new Sidebar and improved inspectors.
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Standard and Pro without buying anything. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniGraffle to view documents for free.
NEW FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
- Unified Sidebar: improved interactions with objects, layers, and canvases in a newly organized sidebar.
- Point Editor Tool: Immediate access to each and every point on a shape.
- New Export Panel: With just a few clicks, export your graphics in multiple resolutions, perfectly named and organized. Batch exporting, filling set dimensions, and previews are all included.
- Infinite Canvas: make your canvas expand automatically in one, two, three, or all directions.
- Keyboard Shortcut Sets: customize every menu bar command and tool with your preferred shortcut, or choose from a few different sets from popular apps.
- SVG import: paste in SVG code or import SVG files directly to OmniGraffle.
NEW PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
- Artboard Layers: Use artboards to set up advanced, exportable elements, or as another way to organize your canvas.
- Convert text to shapes: convert text to make tweaks to character shapes or add complex styling.
- Convert lines to shapes: turn a line’s stroke into a shape with easily editable Bézier points.
- Shareable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Artboard Tool
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE WITH IN-APP PURCHASE)
- Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio® documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as Visio stencils (VSS) and templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
- Shared layers: Easily update common elements that you'd like to display on multiple canvases. Layers can now be toggled between normal and shared.
- New controls specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector. You can set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
- Non-destructive shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their component shapes.
- Resolution-independent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
- Photoshop export supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
- Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
- Xcode import: Generate a Class diagram of an Xcode project automatically.
For the complete manual, visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! We offer absolutely free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnigraffle.
• Labels on Small Objects — Fixed a bug that caused label text to not appear on objects with text margins larger then the object itself.
• Zoom — Fixed a bug that prevented zoom and Fit in Window from zooming correctly in some scenarios.
• Object Selection — Fixed a bug that made it difficult to select objects without a fill when the “Click through objects with no fill” preference was enabled.
• SVG Export — Fixed a bug that caused text in SVG exports to not be positioned correctly.
• Tables — Fixed a bug that could cause tables to change size when moving.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @omnigraffle.
If OmniGraffle empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniGraffle and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
OmniGraffle took away my PAID application!
I purchased OmniGraffle 6 Pro on my previous laptop (which was already a paid upgrade from my old OmniGraffle 5 license). Upon migrating to my new workstation, I found that my license no longer applied and I was asked to purchase a pro license again for another $199 (though I swear I paid $299 once upon a time…). I was told I could continue to use OmniGraffle 6 pro or get special upgrade pricing if I just re-downloaded 6 off the App Store. However, OmniGraffle 6 isn’t available on the App store!
I have used OmniGraffle for years for both personal and professional projects and have always loved it compared to other products on the market. This licensing and upgrade policy is enough to make me change my entire workflow away from anything OmniGroup.
Omni Group: If you want to use a subscription model, use a subscription model. But if you are offering persistent licensing, make sure to leave the downloads online so you don’t anger all the customers who paid hundreds of dollars for your app! I’m sure there are plenty of people who would rather buy access to OmniGraffle on a month-by-month basis as needed by their projects if you lowered your pricing to account for a subscription model.
Some nice new additions, but more poor decisions...
I have been using Omnigraffle Pro v. 6 for some time now. I am a big fan. The app kills Visio with its vector graphics base. That said, version 7 is leaving me less than thrilled. I love the addition of the keyboard shortcuts, but it falls short in that I want to mimic the keystrokes I already use for all of the Adobe applications and that can’t be done. The other very large issues for me have to do with the right side of the screen. The changes made to the way stencils are presented in a separate floating window are terrible. Whomever developed that must not actually use the application. The other huge issue is the decreased number of page options for the inspector which has now caused me to have to scroll up and down looking for the settings I need. Again, I can’t imagine anyone who spends any serious amount of time using the appplication would design this in this manner. You need a new product lead. I would give version 6 pro a 4.5 star rating. Version 7 I can only give it 3 stars as it is so frustrating to use I will stick with version 6 Pro.
Outstanding and So Much Better Than Visio
I have been using Omnigraffle for many years and through a number of versions. I also use Omnigraffle 2 for iPad. I am a Solution Architect and part time Mobile Developer. Needless to say I use both the MacOS and IOS extensively. While the user interface is different than Visio’s (what some consider an industry standard), I prefer Omni’s design. Some of the reasons are: intuitive to MacOS users, sensible grouping in the inspectors, awesome new image printing with the art boards, rapid prototyping (to my knowledge this doesn’t exist in Visio), single click for the most common tools, and many more. Considering the last the current price of Visio Pro is just under $600 and the pro version of Omnigraffle is at most $199 (upgrade from previous pro is only $99) and you have the best technical drawing tool out there. Well done again Omnigroup!
- The Omni Group
- 81 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2000-2019 The Omni Group
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.