By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Need to create a quick diagram, process chart, page layout, website wireframe, or graphic design? With OmniGraffle, your iPad touch screen is your canvas (or graph paper, or whiteboard, or cocktail napkin…).
OmniGraffle knows what makes a diagram different from a drawing, so it knows how to help you make superior documents quickly: it keeps lines connected to shapes even when they're moved, it provides stencils full of objects for you to drag and drop, and it can magically organize diagrams so your ideas come to life.
Using simple multitouch gestures, draw shapes, drag in objects, and style everything until it's just right. Smart guides help you organize your document in a flash, and automatic layout gives you a powerful shortcut to the perfect diagram layout. Changes are saved as you work, and documents will automatically sync to your other Mac and iPad devices when using OmniPresence, our sync technology. Or, share your creations via PDF export to others.
A well-designed chart or diagram communicates information far better than words. When you need a clear understanding of how information needs to be presented or how processes are carried out, OmniGraffle for iPad is the tool to help you organize your thoughts visually, document them beautifully, and communicate them to the world.
- Use built-in stencils or draw customizable shapes
- Freehand sketch directly onto your canvas
- Touch and drag to connect shapes together
- Touch "lay out now" to automatically arrange your diagram
- Smart guides help you align, rotate, and size objects
- Create multiple page ("canvas") documents
- Share items between your canvases with shared layers
- Wrap text to fit within a shape
- View what styles make up a shape in your diagram
- Select a whole class of objects at once to make changes
- Choose colors from built-in themes
- Create custom colors with support for HSB, RGB, and grayscale
- Create linear and radial fills, blending up to three colors with customizable centers and angles
- Set stroke/line thickness, color, and customize line styles
- Create transparent shape shadows which fall on objects or layers that are behind it
- Define shadow blur/sharpness, transparency, color, and position
- Pinch to zoom in and out
- Combine any two shapes in your document into a table
- Share native OmniGraffle documents via email, or email as a scalable PDF
- Save documents as a graphic in your Photos library
For more information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnigraffle.
What's New in Version 1.9.3
OmniGraffle for iPad 1.9.3 is a minor update that adds compatibility fixes when running on recent versions of iOS along with other bug fixes.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Contact Omni in the Gear Menu (found in the document browser), sending email to email@example.com, tweeting to @omnigraffle, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
• Implemented a security fix for use with OmniPresence when syncing to certain WebDAV server configurations.
• Various compatibility and bug fixes when running on recent versions of iOS.
Not quite there ..
Given that the desktop version major upgrade has just been pushed out (at considerable expense to the customer), for you to not yet have a credible functioning cloud-based synching model is shameful. While to software is , in an of itself, useful, not being able to easily share and synch docs between iPads, laptops and desktops is insane. The "email it to your self" solution is utterly lame - You know it, we all now and we cannot figure out why you cannot address that feature. App would be far more useful with synching across devices instead of burring timer and money on the desktop V6 upgrade. You get a D grade.
It's now six month since your last update. The complaints noted by fellow app users I can also confirm. Sure, you could reduce the price for this software tool but, I'd prefer to know that you are listening and to see your roadmap since your desktop tool is such a vital component to our operations. Please improve this App in the coming weeks, we really need it to work as well as the desktop version. Thx
Crashes... A lot
Randomly when dealing with text the app crashes. This happens a lot, unfortunately.
At this point it's almost unusable when I need to enter more than just a label etc....
Fix the text crashing and I'd up the review to 4 stars.