By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniOutliner starts as a blank page. But as you collect, compose, and rearrange text, its powerful outlining features emerge to organize your ideas. Hierarchy, columns, styling, notes — use them all in concert or keep things simple, depending on the project at hand. From basic lists and tables to serious writing and data wrangling, OmniOutliner understands how to keep your work structured and tidy.
Why choose OmniOutliner for iOS?
COMFORT: OmniOutliner was designed with speed and ease in mind, especially for data entry. Carefully-planned keyboard interactions and the ever-present Edit bar make it straightforward to add and rearrange items. Your ideas are what’s important — OmniOutliner just helps you get them in order.
STRUCTURE: Expand and collapse groups to concentrate on what’s important now. Use the Add row button's flyout mode to put new items right where you need them. And of course, just drag items around when you need to rearrange the order. If you need to make a bigger change, use Edit mode to move or modify a bunch of rows at once.
COLUMNS: Checkboxes, formatted numbers, pop-up lists, dates… Keep track of any number of different fields in each row. If you have too many columns to see at once, you can hide some. Or just drag around to get at the ones you’re interested in. You can even sort your rows by any column, then restore their original order.
STYLES: Thanks to the included templates and styles, you may never need to adjust anything yourself. But if you want to, check out our custom rich-text editor, with more detailed styling than you’re likely to find anywhere else on iOS. Save your favorites as named styles, for quick and consistent styling across your document. Configure rows to be styled based on their hierarchy. You can even apply styles from a template to your current document.
NOTES: Inline notes make it easy to keep track of ideas for future revisions, ancillary content, reviewers’ comments, ill-considered notions, snide jokes, and other miscellaneous info. You can attach notes to any row in a document, and show or hide them individually or en masse. And of course, notes can be styled just as precisely as the main content.
LINKS & ATTACHMENTS: Web addresses you type automatically get linkified. And any image you can copy and paste, from tiny embellishments to sketches from a drawing app to full-sized photos, can be placed right in your outline.
SHARING: OmniOutliner has no shortage of ways to share your documents. Sync your documents automatically via OmniPresence, our sync technology, or send them via email in several formats: OmniOutliner, OPML, HTML, DOCX, CSV, or plain text.
New features to OmniOutliner 2 include:
• Templates: Turn any document into a reusable template, or use one of the beautiful built-in options.
• Style Theming: Use the styles from an existing template to style any other document.
• External keyboard support: Outline faster! Navigate around your document, rearrange rows, and add new content, all without touching the screen.
• Folders: Organize your many outlines with folders. If you sync with OmniPresence, the same folders appear on your Mac.
• Export formats: Share more flexibly with the new DOCX and CSV formats.
SUPPORT: If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
What's New in Version 2.10
OmniOutliner 2.10 is a major update adding support for the new .ooutline file format introduced with OmniOutliner 5 for macOS. This release requires iOS 10 or later.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner, please consider rating it in the App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
An App with great potential, but is not yet up the high standards of the desktop app.
1. Sync using OmniPresence is not compatible with Essentials on the Mac. If you want to sync, you're in for the full $60+$30 or must painfully convert each iOS outline to Essentials format on the Mac.
2. Sync is basically broken. If you have the iOS and Mac apps open to the same outline, conflict files are created on the Mac with no warning or help resolving the conflicts. This is not like, e.g. Apple Notes, Bear, SimpleNote, etc., where you can watch changes propagate instantly with no conflicts. A product this expensive should have solved this problem.
3. The themes on the Mac do not translate well to the iPhone. Fonts and spacing should be smaller, making better use of the limited screen size. Perhaps each theme should be a tuple with versions for Mac, iPhone and iPad.
4. There doesn't appear to be any way to paste plain text into the outline. This is a major pain point. I have to first paste into Drafts and then copy & paste into the outline to avoid unwanted formatting.
I'm a pastor, so I use outlines constantly. Omnioutliner is my go-to app for ALL my notes. It has completely revolutionized the way I make my outlines. It has sped up the process, and it allows me to customize my notes exactly how I want them. If you use Omnioutliner on the Mac, you MUST buy this app for your iPad or phone (a little too small for me) to use for your presentations. Best outlining app hands down!!
Would love to see touch-ID secure documents
Please add more security like Touch ID to unlock like Evernote does it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 03, 2017
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 55.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2011-2017 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.