By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniOutliner starts as a blank page. But as you collect, compose, and rearrange text, its powerful outlining features emerge to organize your ideas. Hierarchy, columns, styling, notes — use them all in concert or keep things simple, depending on the project at hand. From basic lists and tables to serious writing and data wrangling, OmniOutliner understands how to keep your work structured and tidy.
Why choose OmniOutliner for iPad?
COMFORT: OmniOutliner was designed with speed and ease in mind, especially for data entry. Carefully-planned keyboard interactions and the ever-present Edit bar make it straightforward to add and rearrange items. Your ideas are what’s important — OmniOutliner just helps you get them in order.
STRUCTURE: Expand and collapse groups to concentrate on what’s important now. Use the Add row button's flyout mode to put new items right where you need them. And of course, just drag items around when you need to rearrange the order. If you need to make a bigger change, use Edit mode to move or modify a bunch of rows at once.
COLUMNS: Checkboxes, formatted numbers, pop-up lists, dates… Keep track of any number of different fields in each row. If you have too many columns to see at once, you can hide some. Or just temporarily slide them underneath the main outline column to get at the ones you’re interested in. You can even sort your rows by any column, then restore their original order.
STYLES: Thanks to the included templates and styles, you may never need to adjust anything yourself. But if you want to, check out our custom rich-text editor, with more detailed styling than you’re likely to find anywhere else on iPad. Save your favorites as named styles, for quick and consistent styling across your document. Configure rows to be styled based on their hierarchy. You can even apply styles from a template to your current document.
NOTES: Inline notes make it easy to keep track of ideas for future revisions, ancillary content, reviewers’ comments, ill-considered notions, snide jokes, and other miscellaneous info. You can attach notes to any row in a document, and show or hide them individually or en masse. And of course, notes can be styled just as precisely as the main content.
LINKS & ATTACHMENTS: Web addresses you type automatically get linkified. And any image you can copy and paste, from tiny embellishments to sketches from a drawing app to full-sized photos, can be placed right in your outline.
SHARING: OmniOutliner has no shortage of ways to share your documents. Sync your documents automatically via OmniPresence, our sync technology, or send them via email in several formats: OmniOutliner, OPML, HTML, DOCX, CSV, or plain text.
New features to OmniOutliner 2 include:
- Templates: When you create a new document you will be presented with a list of your templates to start from. Easily turn an existing document into a template or create one from scratch.
- Style theming: Have one document that you wished looked like another? Turn that other document into a template and apply it to any file you would like.
- External keyboard support: Outline faster! Navigate around your document, rearrange rows, and add new content, all without touching the screen. If you use OmniOutliner for the Mac, you will already be familiar with all these shortcuts.
- Folders: Have a lot of outlines on your iPad? Organize them with folders. For those syncing with OmniPresence, the same folders will be visible on the Mac.
- Export formats: Finished with your outlining portion of your project? Export your data to a word processing app using the DOCX format for the next phase. Need to switch to a spreadsheet app? Send your data over in CSV format.
SUPPORT: If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
OmniOutliner 2.0.4 fixes a compatibility issue with iOS 7.1 and keyboard shortcuts, as well as a couple crashes.
• External keyboard: Fixed keyboard shortcuts causing erroneous font size changes when running iOS 7.1.
• Stability: Using the increase font size shortcut, ⌘-+, should no longer cause a crash when using a German keyboard.
• Stability: Copying an OmniPresence document that is waiting to be uploaded should no longer cause a crash.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner, please consider rating it in the App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.