OmniPlan: Project planning made painless. Free 2-week trial.
OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Visualize your project’s tasks in a Gantt chart or Network diagram. Automatically sync projects across multiple personal devices or collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail. Run Monte Carlo simulations to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence. OmniPlan helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Standard and Pro without buying anything. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniPlan to view documents for free.
STANDARD FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Gantt Chart — Add groups, tasks, and milestones to your project and watch OmniPlan transform the timeline of your project into a beautiful Gantt chart. The project Gantt chart graphically shows task durations, start and stop times, dependencies, resources, or resource usage by task, all on a timeline. You can visually edit tasks and create dependencies by connecting them in the Gantt view.
• Network Diagram View — An elegant and easy way to rapidly prototype and visualize your project’s flow as a network diagram of nodes connected by dependencies.
• Resource Leveling — Identify bottlenecks in your project and distribute workloads fairly and efficiently with OmniPlan’s resource management.
• Leveling Priority — Define leveling priority for tasks in your project.
• Violation Resolution — If your schedule has a logical impossibility, OmniPlan will find it and suggest the best course of action to restore order.
• Catch-Up and Reschedule — If everything is going as planned, bring the completion percentage of every task (or just the selected tasks) in your project up to today’s date. If you have tasks which were planned to be complete by now, but aren’t, quickly reschedule them.
• Meeting Task Type — Specify if multiple resources need to work on a task independently or simultaneously.
• Unlinked Duration and Effort — Set different values for a task’s effort and duration, then let OmniPlan crunch the numbers for your resource assignment percentage.
• Multiple Baselines — Take snapshots of your schedule, then compare them as your project progresses to make sure you're still on track.
• Critical Path — Flip a switch to highlight tasks that have the biggest impact on your deadline.
• Display Off-Hours — Display all off-hours, holidays, and weekends in the Gantt chart.
• Change Tracking — Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far.
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE):
• Microsoft Project Import/Export — Open Microsoft Project® 2016 or earlier documents directly in OmniPlan and export to Project 2013.
• Monte Carlo Simulation — Run multiple simulations in seconds to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence.
• Publish & Subscribe: Sync your entire project to the Omni Sync Server or to your own WebDAV server. Make changes to your project and sync to see those from your collaborators.
• Change Tracking: Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes task by task or en masse from your collaborators.
SUPPORT: If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @OmniPlan.
• Support for New iPad Screen Sizes — Added support for the new iPad screen sizes and hardware changes.
• Drag & Drop — Fixed a bug that could cause tasks to be created with blank task names when adding tasks to an OmniPlan project via drag & drop from another application.
• Publish & Subscribe — Fixed a bug that sometimes caused sync to stop working when one of the participating Mac clients crashed.
• Inspectors — The “Normal Work Hours” calendar title is no longer cut off in the Inspector when using OmniPlan on an iPad.
• Localization — “Auto-Refresh Interval” in Publish & Subscribe section of the Project Inspector is now localized.
• Localization — Siri Shortcut titles are now localized.
• Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when resolving conflicts in a project.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniPlan.
If OmniPlan empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniPlan and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
Great replacement for MS Project in iOS
Love this app in my IPad Pro, great work guys!
Love this on my iPad Pro
New share options make a great addition!
Omni creates software, for decades, that is incomparable in attractiveness, usefulness, and stability. There is real intelligence and creativity in how they create apps.
Having version 1 on my iPad made the free update to the Pro version easy, so if you've owned a previous version going Pro doesn't cost extra.
The software is expensive, but the extensive time and effort this company puts into creating the best of the best makes it worth it.
The new features and integrations are awesome.
Quite a mature app now!
I had used the original OmniPlan, but was not doing much on my iPad, so didn't make the most of it.
In looking last night, I found I could get upgrade pricing on OmniPlan 3, so I took the plunge. Very happy I did! Lots of new functionality, and I LOVE the network view.
I'll still use MS Project at work, but at home, I use my iPad exclusively. iOS is soon going to support file-sharing, and workflows/scripting is coming of age in iOS. OmniFocus and OmniOutliner already support scripting. Can't wait until OmniPlan does too!
- The Omni Group
- 53.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2017 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial Free
- Pro Upgrade (with discount) Free
- Pro Upgrade $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.