By Software Logix LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Previously featured in the Explore Your Creativity promotion.
August 8, 2011 - OmniSketch listed by PC Magazine as one of The 100 Best iPad Apps.
OmniSketch is listed in the iTunes Essential Paint & Drawing Apps section.
OmniSketch is a procedural drawing tool that allows you to create stunning sketches with very little effort. A procedural brush is a brush that uses a mathematical algorithm to draw patterns. These patterns can interact with lines that have already been drawn to produce amazing effects. The speed at which you draw will affect the look of the brush you are using. The brush algorithm can also be adjusted to produce different effects.
Now you might be reading this thinking, “There are already a large number of really good painting and drawing tools so what does OmniSketch bring to the game?” Instead of standard brushes and pencils, OmniSketch’s brushes use mathematical algorithms to draw patterns which interact with previously drawn lines to produce a cool sketch with detailed effects.
One of the coolest OmniSketch features is its mirrored drawing mode. You can opt to have your strokes mirrored across your iPad’s screen (top and bottom, left and right or both options) to produce really stunning designs.
Unlock your inner artist with one of the best drawing tools available for the Apple iPad. With OmniSketch, store a nearly unlimited number of pictures in your local gallery and show them off to your friends and family with the slide show feature. Show off your creations to the world by submitting them to the online photo gallery. Mirrored drawing modes allow you to create beautiful symmetrical and even kaleidoscopic paintings.
* 24 amazing brushes draw shapes and patterns automatically
* Blend Modes (Lighten, Darken, Color Dodge, Color Burn, etc)
* Draw with up to 3 fingers at the same time
* Intuitive user interface
* Mirrored Drawing – Vertical, Horizontal and Kaleidoscope mode
* Eraser plus the Clear Blend Mode allows you to use any brush as an eraser
* Line width adjustment
* Opacity adjustment
* Brush custom adjustments
* Full color support with an intuitive color picker
* Selectable background color
* Gallery allows you to view, add, edit, delete and export your artwork
* Built in slide show feature lets you show off your creations
* Online gallery lets you share your pictures with friends, family and the world
* Full undo/redo
* Draw in portrait or landscape mode
* Post your artwork to your Facebook Wall
* Post your artwork to Twitter
You can expect many new features and new brush styles in future releases of OmniSketch!
What's New in Version 1.7.4
Most unique collection of procedural brushes
OmniSketch has been on my assorted iDevices for years, and it runs just fine in iOS 10. It has quite an array of interesting effects brushes, especially if you add the geometry set.
While it's useful as is, I'd love to see at least an image layer added so that I could fit use pre-existing art or photos as a reference. As other reviewers have noted it would also be helpful to have better color controls.
Kaleidoscope isn't true to kaleidoscope, only a four-way split. Disappointing!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 09, 2015
- Version: 1.7.4
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Software Logix LLC
- © 2010 Software Logix LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Geometry Brushes$0.99