On Call Principles and Protocols
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Portable and extremely practical, On Call Principles and Protocols, by Drs. Marshall and Ruedy, is the bestselling handbook you can trust to guide you quickly and confidently through virtually any on-call situation. This new edition takes you step by step through the most common on-call problems and approaches, giving you up-to-date information and clear protocols on what to do and how to do it quickly, from phone calls to "elevator thoughts" to patients’ bedsides. You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call - from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
* Effectively manage calls in the hospital with coverage of topics such as Approach to Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems; Documentation; Assessment and Management of Volume Status; and AIDS, HBV, HCV, Influenza, and the House Officer.
* Access key information on the most common on-call problems and approaches with consistent, templated coverage of what to do from the initial phone call, ''Elevator Thoughts,'' how to immediately identify major threats to life, and what to do at the bedside.
* Learn the questions you should ask to assess the urgency of each situation, and master the ideal approach to diagnose and manage patients, communicate with colleagues and families, and avoid common mistakes for every call.
* Understand the major threats to life you must consider before arriving at bedside.
* Find information quickly with an easy-to-read format, color highlighting of medications and other critical information, and a unique layout designed for fast reference.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* 'Flashcards' give you the opportunity to use newly learnt words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 8.5.4
NEW! Invite friends - Share the app with your friends and let them know about this great reference tool!
NEW! Shortcuts for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+ and iPhone7 users only:
* invite and share with friends;
* review 'Word of the day' entries;
* access the camera look-up feature;
* search within the extensive database of the dictionary.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Feb 09, 2017
- Version: 8.5.4
- Size: 82.4 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2017 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.