On Stage: Musicals features trivia questions, clips, songs and full recorded productions from over 1,400 musicals from all over the world (America, England, Canada, Germany, Japan, Holland and more). With over 650 hours of music and videos from productions all over the world, this app can help you discover shows you’ve never heard of or even possibly your new favourite! Choose a decade from the 1800s to today and try to answer each questions (one per musical); read about the storyline, production history or simply watch the videos to see and hear selections from the score. Video can be streamed on you iPhone, iPad or iPod touch through both Wi-Fi and devices that are 3G/4G network enabled. Only available on the App Store!
The App features:
- 1,472 different musicals from 1871 to today;
- 1,472 individual Trivia Questions;
- Over 690 Hours of video/music;
- More than 3,700 Videos;
- More than 190 Complete Musicals recorded live;
- Musicals from 1871 to today (and a few coming in 2019);
- Information on each show including the Composer, Lyricist, Production History and Synopsis of the story.
NOTE from the developer:
I first discovered musical theatre when I watched a television special on the making of the 1989 Original Canadian production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “The Phantom of the Opera.” I was a 13 year old kid who loved horror movies and thought it was the making of the Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) film version. Right from the opening notes from the Overture, I was glued to that tv set. I didn’t know that music could affect you in the way these songs did. I didn’t know you could tell a full length story through song.
I was hooked. Musical theatre became my passion that night, (and a life long one, as well). However, in 1989 we didn’t have the internet and trying to discover more shows was next to impossible living in rural Canada.
In High School, through my drama teacher I discovered Les Miserables, Cats and Miss Saigon; but it would be with the internet that I truly started finding musicals from the past and new shows about to open on Broadway. I always wanted a way to discover shows that maybe weren’t massive hits but that are amazing hidden gems. Shows like Carrie (the infamous Broadway flop from 1988 that has some of the greatest songs from any show I’ve ever heard. Just listen to “And Eve Was Weak” to understand)
So, that is the reason I built this app. I hope it will help you discover show’s that you wouldn’t have been able to yesterday. I’ve included as many musicals from around the world as I could (and will periodically update the app with new shows when they become known). If you find shows that I haven’t included, please let me know so I can add them for everyone to discover and enjoy. I sincerely hope you have as much fun answering the trivia questions, watching these shows and learning about lots of new and exciting stories as I did just from assembling this app.
- Cellular data (3G/4G/LTE) charges may apply for viewing video over a cellular network.
- Trivia Game is available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Dutch. Currently, Musicals History and Information is only available in English. Translations will come soon.
- Fixed videos that would not play,
- Added posters for each musical,
- New musical added coming in 2019.
- Donald Belliveau
- 615 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Donald Belliveau
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.