On this day...
By Sophia Teutschler
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"On this day…" is a stylish calendar that lets you view historical events, births and deaths for any day of the year. Browse through hundreds of daily entries, share your favorites on Twitter and read related Wikipedia articles beautifully formatted within the app.
- Display Events, Birth and Death dates
- Tap and hold an entry to share it on Twitter, Facebook (iOS 6 only) or copy it to the Pasteboard
- Quickly select a specific calendar date
- Shake your device to reload the current day
- Sort entries from latest to oldest or oldest to latest
- Open entries in the Articles Wikipedia Reader
What's New in Version 2.2
- Various tweaks and fixes.
- On this day… now requires iOS 6.1 or later.
- If you like On this day…, please consider leaving a review. That helps us a lot. Thanks!
Read it every day
I have enjoyed this app for several years, and continue to read it daily.
I enjoy learning new things, and especially enjoy history. It is possible to learn as much or a little as I want about subjects, or to pass any subject that I am not interested in.
I liked the previous format in which the older dates appeared first and proceeded to the current date. This has kept me from reading the "births & deaths" to the extent that I used to read them.
Please keep up the good work.
I love these kind of apps!
Informative and interesting apps always intrigue me! I recommend this.
If I could make a suggestion, however, please let there be a setting on whether you'd like to view the most historic/impacting events in history first rather than chronological ones.
I was shocked for a second September 11th didn't mention the 9/11 terrorist attack in 2001 until I realized it was simply below six or so other events. I'd rather see the biggest ten historic events than the last ten.
Indispensable Fun App! My All-time Favorite
...that I check multiple times a day... and have for years! I'm very curious and enjoy being surprised by the events that I learn about through "On This Day..." that I would never have explored. Wikipedia helps power the back end.
I hope this will be made compatible with Mac OS High Sierra?!?
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 21, 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Sophia Teutschler
- © 2008-2013 Sophia Teutschler
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.