Oncore Classroom Productivity
By Oncore Education, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Oncore is a new, teacher-created classroom management system that helps teachers create learning environments that are fair, focused, and feedback rich.
Oncore doesn’t just track behavior, it tracks learning, and it integrates seamlessly within a teacher’s existing workflow, saving teachers hours of planning time while reducing their paper load.
By using the seating chart as the classroom interface, Oncore helps teachers collect color-coded, one-touch data on student learning, integrating formative assessment and feedback into their daily practice.
Oncore focuses any K-12 classroom on mastery learning by helping teachers engage all students, check for understanding, create collaborative groups and communicate learning and behavior progress to parents.
Unique to Oncore is its integration of Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards. Teachers can tie a standard to classroom activities, groups, assignments, or individual participations with students.
Oncore is created by a teacher who saw the need for a tool to make him a better instructor, a tool that would help him engage all of his students in learning.
What's New in Version 2.0.58
critical bug fixes
UI updates for iOS 9
Not Quite There
I pay for the annual subscription. Though Oncore is indeed a beautiful app, it is currently missing important make-it-or-break-it features.
The following fundamental abilities are absent from this app and must be implemented:
* It is not currently possible to add an assignment to multiple classes. If you teach four blocks of geometry, you must add the same assignment four times.
* There is no spreadsheet or table view of student grades. Why bother with grading categories and category weighting?
* The library of standards is limited.
Things I like:
* UI. This is a fantastic User Interface.
* Seating charts and seating chart assessment. Say you have a few hundred students and have trouble learning names. This feature is indispensable.
* Groups. Great feature!
Thing I’d like changed or improved:
* The ability to hide Archived classes.
* Hide daily snapshot.
* Have a view to see all classes.
* Have a sidebar for assignments when you’re in class view. That way, if your students are submitting multiple assignments, you can switch more quickly.
* Ability to mark students absent from assignment or participation windows.
* Class groups. Say you teach a few Freshman English classes, and a couple AP English Classes. Group them!
I look forward to using this app more, after it’s been developed a bit more.
Missing key features, frustrating
I want to love this app because it looks great and has potential, but it is missing key features to actually make it useful. First, the reports are a joke. I use it to track quality of my students homework, but there is no report that lets me view a single student and their scores for all the assignments. What's the point of inputting in scores if you can't view them easily? Second, the seating chart feature is less than stellar. You can't simply click on a student and drag their name to the spot you want them. It gets cumbersome clicking on every student and then clicking again where you want them. There is also no"random" seating chart assignment. Third, when you input a note in for a particular student it populates to to the notes section for ALL students. Fourth, if you accidentally hit a positive behavior instead of a negative one, there is no way to delete or change it.
Really useful; could be indispensable with a few additions
This app is great for tracking standards mastery, randomization, and taking roll. A few fixes and additions would make this indispensable in the classroom:
Email notifications need way more information than a simple icon.
A web portal would be a great way to access a student's history
The ability to color-code or add symbols to a student's info would be helpful for IEPs, 504s, etc
Ability to access class roll records, or any records, online or even on app.
Ability to generate PDFs of various reports.
I know this app will only get better with each update. I look forward to seeing what comes next!