Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Motion / Sound Detection
See what your camera sees while you're away. Set a motion trigger and record any activity that happens while you're gone! Set a cloud service as the save destination and even if a thief steals your computer, you'll have evidence of the crime!
OnCue turns your Mac into a motion and / or sound activated surveillance system.
What's New in Version 2.3.7
- Fixed bug that prevented selecting new save to folder
Fun to play around with after you figure it out.
I grabbed OnCue on short notice the day before going out of town for the weekend. We were trying a first time house sitter and I was curious to see if they rifled through the office while we were out. Here’s my experience:
- Initial setup was slightly confusing because I blasted through the intro screens without actually reading the instructions (My fault).
- NOTE!!!! Your Webcam light will ALWAYS be on (I covered mine with tape to hide the fact that it was on).
- My first testing didn’t result in any videos simply because I did not set the threshold values to a realistic setting (These settings are KEY to success).
- My one BIG problem is that I appear unable to change the recording destination folder (1 week later the Developer has yet to respond to my email).
- Program crashed on the first night of testing (Not sure why).
- Set up thresholds and settings the next day just before walking out the door and let’er rip.
- Came home to a couple hundred files that had recorded based off of triggers (No house sitter snooping, only animals or loud noises).
Overall I’m pleased with the results. I would downplay the audio threshold in favor of motion only, but other than that and being unable to change the reording location I really can’t complain about the results considering the price (as in beer). I’m on a 6-Core Mac Pro with a USB Microsoft Lifecam 1080p webcam. The video is gorgeous assuming you’ve purchased “Webcam Settings” (WORTH IT) from the app store to regulate the balance of it. Overall this is a great little app. With a little tweaking it could be great.
UPDATE: Developer has since updated hthe app to fix the save to location function so I’m bumping to 5 star. I seriously don’t get the 1 star “doesn’t work” reviews. This app works great with just a little bit of setup!