One Minute Changes
By Justin Guitar
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The One Minute Changes app is a free app from Justinguitar.com to help beginner guitarists using my Beginner's Course keep track of the amount of chord changes they can do!
All the chords used in the course are built in, but you can add in your own too, see statistics and it will automatically pick the chords you struggle with most if you ask it to!
If you dig it, please check out my other apps :)
Great app that needs 2 changes!
I have been doing Justin's beginners course and this app goes perfectly along with it! It is a very helpful app to really help you speed up your cord changes. There are two slight problems with it that if fixed, the app would be perfect. The first is the screen times out before the timer ends. It would be nice if the timer would at least keep going with the screen off or if there was a setting in the app to always keep the phone on. The second is to make the cords more randomized. Some combinations always come up and others seem to never come up. However for a free app it's great and has definitely been helping me with my cord changes!
1 tiny fix = 5 stars
I want to love this app. I'm following Justin's beginner course, so this is great! Except... Every time I practice, I have to change my device's settings to keep it from going into standby. It would be nice if there was a big button right smack in the middle labeled "keep screen from turning off" or at least let the timer keep running in the background. Either one of these features (or both) would earn this great tool an immediate 5 stars. I love the app, especially for free (thanks!), but with having to change my device's settings every time I practice, and then back afterwards, I just can't give it a higher rating yet.
Great app, some suggestions
I really like this app, especially the option to focus on problematic chords. Here are some suggestions for future versions.
- It would be good if the problematic chords would include combinations I haven't played yet. Alternatively it would be good to be able to manually select a combination to practice because some combinations don't seem to come up in random mode, at least not yet.
- the app doesn't keep the screen from timing out. If the screen times out in 1 minute which I believe is the default the screen sometimes turns off before the timer reaches zero and it stops counting down.
- it would be awesome if the app could recognize a strum so that it could count the number of chord changes automatically. :) I sometimes mess up my counting while playing.
- there seems to be a bug. My lowest scoring combination is A-D but it doesn't come up if I select problematic chords.
I would definitely pay for this app!
- Category: Education
- Released: Jan 02, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Justin Guitar Ltd
- © 2013 Justin Guitar Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.