1 Second Everyday: Video Diary
By Cesar Kuriyama
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Currently nominated for "Best Use of a Mobile Camera" at the 21st Annual WEBBY Awards!!! The Oscars of the Internet!
Want to remember more? A video diary can help with happiness, stress relief, and memory. Get started with 1 Second Everyday and stop forgetting.
Featured by Apple, BBC, TED, CNN, Fast Company and more!
"For over 6 years, I've been recording 1 second every day, so I'll never forget another day ever again. This project has had such a positive impact on my life. This lead to the development of 1 Second Everyday; which makes it easy for anyone to do this too. Being able to relive every single day has provided me with a treasured perspective on life. It holds me accountable for making each day notable. When I turn 40, I'll have a 1 hour compilation that encapsulates my 30s. If I live to see 80 years of age, I'll have a 5-hour video that summarizes 50 years of my life."
- Cesar Kuriyama, 1SE Founder
Why 1 Second Everyday is awesome:
- INSTA-MASH: Create a video of your past year on Instagram with one tap!
- SHARING: Send your favorite second as a gif, Instagram loop or share your whole video with ease.
- FREESTYLE: Going on an adventure? Use any amount of seconds to tell your story of that quick trip to Spain or your wedding weekend.
- FLUX: Forgot to record? Go back in time and grab a video to use.
- SUPER SECONDS: Sometimes you need a little more time.
- DIARY: Take note of your day and leave a private message to yourself.
- MASHING: Make videos of any length from 7 days to even 3 years. You're in control.
- CROWDS: Submit a second from your life to a crowd and share your perspective with the world.
- REMINDERS: Setup friendly creative reminders so you never forget a day!
- PRIVACY: Your seconds are stored on your phone. They are never shared with anyone unless you decide to do it.
Give 1 Second Everyday a try today and never forget a day again!
We love your feedback and appreciate your reviews. Please send us any questions, ideas, or words of encouragement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on:
- Instagram: @1_Second_Everyday
- Twitter: @1SecondEveryday
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1SecondEveryday
What's New in Version 1.60000
Shake your phone to fill in orange days automatically! It's so cool. We also polished up Insta-Mash and added a bunch of new options for you to make videos out of your Instagram posts! As usual we also fixed bugs and made things faster and better in general. Oh and for those of you who don't like seeing banners about Crowds, tips, and 1SE in general you can now turn those off in the new options screen.
** NEW **
• Shake your phone to fill in orange days automatically! When you're looking at orange days in your timeline just shake your phone to try it out. If you don't like what you see then shake your phone to try again, or tap "Discard" to throw them out. We'll choose different snippets every time.
• We introduced Insta-Mash in December to let you mash your last year on Instagram. Now you have many more options for making those videos, just like mashing a movie from your 1SE snippets.
• There's an advanced setting for 60 FPS videos, supported throughout the entire app from recording, to cutting snippets, to mashing. Note that this may make your snippets and mashed movies take up more space.
• The options screen has been overhauled to be less of an eyesore. Hooray!
** IMPROVED **
• We categorized our reminder messages and you can choose the categories you want to see! Don't like our reminders? Set a custom message that says anything you want. Boom.
• Oh, and you can choose a specific time at which to receive reminders too.
• Thumbnails always fill days in your timeline now. No more black bars on thumbnails of vertical videos. (Your actual snippets will still be vertical, fear not!)
** FIXED **
• Sometimes the camera wasn't recording audio properly. No longer.
• It looks like we were transporting a bunch of people to the great state of Texas by mistake. While warm and full of BBQ, not everyone was pumped. Sorry about that! We fixed it.
• We fixed some problems uploading mashed movies to Twitter.
We would love to hear any and all feedback. Please email any questions, ideas, or words of encouragement to email@example.com. Happy to help. There's also an option to send feedback right in the app. Turn on "Screenshot to Send Feedback" in the options screen and then when you take a screenshot you can mark it up and send us a note with details about your feedback.
We live and die by reviews, your reviews. If we've provided a great experience and helped you live a better life please give us a 5 star review and let others know how awesome 1SE is!
This app has made it not only super easy, but so aesthetically pleasing (one of my top deciding features when it comes to an app I'll purchase or even want to keep on my phone) to document everyday life in 2017 so far! I love the video I'm getting, I love the custom mashing feature (I've been sharing each month individually on IG as I go) and the flux feature if you miss a day by accident.
I also love the super unique quotes that pop up in the push notifications - it's always a pleasant reminder and never annoying bc the quotes are so fun!
Missing one major feature or would be 5 stars
I love the app and I use it daily. However, the one missing piece is a way to backup to a cloud provider other than the built-in iOS iCloud backup (Dropbox, Google Drive, or something), or at least an iOS file sharing backup to a computer. If you need to restore your device and aren't able to restore from your iCloud/iTunes backup, years of snippets may be lost. I'd still recommend the app highly, but this missing piece worries me.
Like it but one hurdle
I like the interface and the concept. My one gripe is that videos taken with this app and my camera app are getting turned sideways and there is NO way to edit the video in the app. Can you all include a rotate video button in the trimming section? Thank you
*also for some reason after this recent update the iCloud access function started and it consumes a lot of time. I don't usually edit my one second the day of. I usually do it at the end of the week even before the update.