Real-time transit information for the Puget Sound region and beyond.
Never miss the bus again!
OneBusAway serves up fresh, real-time transit information in the following regions:
* Rogue Valley, OR
* San Diego, CA
* Seattle/Tacoma/Puget Sound, WA
* Tampa, FL
* Washington, D.C.
* York, Canada
* Real-time arrival information for public transit where available.
* Receive departure alerts for selected vehicles.
* View your favorite bookmarks from the new Today View widget, which gives you fast and easy access to the routes you use most.
* Map display of stops and routes.
* Nearby stops search for location-aware devices.
* Bookmarks and recent stop history.
* Search for stops by route, address, and stop number.
For more information about OneBusAway, including feedback and support for this application, visit us on the web at http://onebusaway.org/
Hey - We've got some great new bug fixes for you!
General UI Improvements:
* Stop persisting the Info tab as a place to which you can reopen the app. You really don't need to come here on a regular basis, so why show it to you if you're just coming back into the app? It makes no sense.
* Show more Recent Stops Quick Actions - The Today widget now appears when you force touch the app's icon, which means that including an option to view your bookmarks seems redundant.
* Keep loading stop departures until we find one - We'll keep loading depatures on your stop until we find one, which means less tapping and more transit riding.
* Prevent your phone from going to sleep when you have the Stop Controller visible - Your screen will no longer dim or turn off when you're looking at a stop.
* View service alerts directly on the stop, instead of having to tap through to see them.
* Improves the accessibility label for the current temperature on the map
* Make it possible to open stops on the map when VoiceOver is running
* Adds a special 'nearby stops' button to the map when in voiceover mode
Ratings and Reviews
This is not real time tracking
The app said the bus was 3 stops away when it was at my stop. My location services were on. The entire ride to work, the app was inaccurate by multiple stops. This is nice for a general idea, but it's tracking algorithm is clearly not accurate when it comes to how long busses take to get from one stop to the next/can't account for when busses don't stop.
Fairly disappointing considering the app boasts real time tracking, which I took to mean their is a gps in the bus tracking it. This is not real time tracking. It's "within 5 minutes tracking". Not good enough for commuting to work and minimizing time at a bus stop.
Puts peace of mind into public transit commuting
Its not often I go out of my way to leave a review but this app warrants it. As a relatively new public transit commuter, its easy to get confused about which bus and when and all that. “Am i late? Did i miss my bus or is it just running late?” Etc. this app takes away the guesswork and allows you to feel confident while commuting on the public transit. Thank you to the developers for making this intuitive, incredibly helpful app for us commuters.
Best app for Seattle transit
I’m an international student living in Seattle and this is one of those must have apps if you are using the city transit system while being in the city. It helps me to get ready for classes and and when to wait for which buses right after classes as well. I would like to see Siri shortcut integration as it’s competitors are doing so. This would be a nice feature to have.
- University Of Washington
- 38 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Brian Ferris
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.