By University Of Washington
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OneBusAway provides access to real-time arrival and schedule information for public transit vehicles operated in Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa, and beyond.
* Atlanta, GA: Cobb Community Transit (CCT), Georgia Tech Trolley and Stinger Shuttles, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
* Seattle, WA: King County Metro, Sound Transit, Pierce Transit, Intercity Transit, Community Transit, and Washington State Ferries
* Tampa, FL: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART)
* York, Canada: York Regional Transit (YRT), Viva
* Real-time arrival information for public transit where available.
* Map display of stops and routes.
* Nearby stops search for location-aware devices.
* Bookmarks and recent stop history.
* Search for stops by route, address, and stop number.
For more information about OneBusAway, including feedback and support for this application, visit us on the web at http://onebusaway.org/
What's New in Version 2.3.2
* Adds a link to provide feedback in a University of Washington research study being conducted in Puget Sound. To participate in the study, tap on the information button ("i") next to the name of a stop in the Seattle area. A link to the survey will be available for King County Metro stops.
Works most of the time
This app is great if you just want to check when the bus is coming out of curiosity/boredom when you're already at the bus stop. But it is not very good for trip planning, primarily because I have had several instances in which the app reported that a bus was coming but never came(I've waited 10 minutes after that and no bus. I was at the stop about 3 minutes early). I don't know if it's a problem with the app itself or the bus communicating to the app, but this is really frustrating when you're counting on that bus to get to work(on time!).
I will definitely try to get to the stop 5 minutes before it tells me that the bus is arriving, but it seems like I'm not the only one who has experience this problem. Otherwise, it's pretty accurate. I just had to knock down a few stars out of frustration that the bus never came.
Ridiculously Accurate and Convenient
This is probably one of the best apps you can get. Super easy to use, and consistently accurate. Every time I think of another function I need to use on this app, there it is; like the developers are one step ahead of me. You can see when busses are arriving at stops near you, see a map of where each bus route goes, and when a particular bus will reach various stops. It even tells you if your bus is running early or late, with an accurate estimated arrival time.
Not always accurate
For the most part this app is helpful and accurate, but often it will give inaccurate timing for the ETA, so always give yourself 2 minutes ahead of time to get to the bus stop because someone's the app will say the bus is 2 minutes late but right after you refresh it will say the bus is on time, and even then the bus will sometimes be "early" as in before the scheduled on time arrival that the app is saying. Anyways, good app just give yourself an extra minute or two when going to your bus stop.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 06, 2015
- Version: 2.3.2
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: University Of Washington
- © Brian Ferris
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.