Real-time transit information for the Puget Sound region and beyond.
Never miss the bus again!
OneBusAway serves up fresh, real-time transit information in the following regions:
* Rogue Valley, OR
* San Diego, CA
* Seattle/Tacoma/Puget Sound, WA
* Tampa, FL
* Washington, D.C.
* York, Canada
* Real-time arrival information for public transit where available.
* Receive departure alerts for selected vehicles.
* View your favorite bookmarks from the new Today View widget, which gives you fast and easy access to the routes you use most.
* Map display of stops and routes.
* Nearby stops search for location-aware devices.
* Bookmarks and recent stop history.
* Search for stops by route, address, and stop number.
For more information about OneBusAway, including feedback and support for this application, visit us on the web at http://onebusaway.org/
# Improvements in this bug fix release
We've made a few improvements in the last week since 18.1.0 was released:
* Updated the Chinese localization. (thank you Cathy!)
* Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when you accessed a recent stop via force touch.
* Allows you to specify 1 minute alarm increments when the bus is 10 minutes or less away.
# Today View extension for fast access to your favorite bookmarks
Add bookmarks to the new Today View bookmark group in order to access them from the Today View (or Lock Screen) widget, allowing you fast and easy access to the routes you use most. No need to unlock your phone in order to find out when the next bus will arrive!
# Map Tab
Some usability improvements have been made to the Map tab. Key among the improvements are new icons and a clearer way to switch between hybrid and standard map styles.
# Bookmarks Tab
An improved UI for upcoming departures should reduce the amount of text wrapping. Plus general layout improvements, and you can manage your Today View bookmarks from this screen of the app.
# Stops Page
* Improved loading UI on Stop pages
* After tapping 'Load More Departures,' a time range will appear.
* Scheduled arrival times (where we don't have real-time data and are relying on the published schedule) are now colored dark gray.
# Arrivals and Departures
* Makes route overlay on map semi-transparent
* Improve the 'continued trip' experience by ripping out an extraneous interstitial page
* Removes unnecessary extra text the page title
# General Bugs, Crashes, and Improvements
* Hopefully fixes all of the timeout issues that have been reported - I know that there were some really irritating issues with the app reporting timeout errors. I spent my winter holiday replumbing the networking layer of the app to hopefully fix all of these once and for all. I'm a lot happier with the code, and I think you'll be a lot happier with the overall experience.
* Fixes the top 10 crashing bugs reported by users - I love fixing crashing bugs! I've spent a ton of time poring over crash reports in order to understand how and where these bugs were coming from, and I've eliminated the vast majority.
* Improves experience of connecting to 'captive portal' WiFi networks - Have you ever been in a bus tunnel connected to the WiFi network, and been unable to browse the web, read Facebook, or get departure times from OneBusAway? It's because you're connected to a 'captive portal,' where you need to agree to terms of service before you can load any data. OBA can now detect this problem and present you with more information about how to resolve the problem.
* Fixes bugs around alarm deletion - There were a couple bugs that would, on occasion, prevent you from deleting alarms. These should now be fixed.
Also, a huge thank you to Edgar for your help on translating OneBusAway into Spanish, and thank you to Jeff for your help on bug fixes in the Today View widget.
p.s. This app is built and maintained by volunteers. Please help out by reporting bugs, helping to localize the app, or fixing bugs and adding new features. Regardless of your amount of experience or area of expertise, we can always use your help, so please find us on GitHub!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely HORRIBLE & such an inconvenience
I HATE this app. It has never been 100% accurate. The schedules on the poles at the bus stops are more accurate than this app. I have missed my busses and been late to work MULTIPLE times because I check the schedule before I leave and it says a certain time, and after I leave AHEAD of time to get to my bus stop on time, the bus has already left. But the app says that it’s either still arriving or it’s been delayed by 10 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. This is absolutely ridiculous. What is the point of this app if it tells us that the bus comes at a certain time but it’s already gone? I’m done with this app, already deleted. Never downloading it again. I’d rather check the websites than use this CHEAP USELESS app.
What happened!? Used to be great!
This app used to be consistently helpful and correct. The time shown for a bus' arrival was when it arrived. Now this app constantly shows a bus about to arrive and then, mysteriously, that bus is gone - the app either showing it arrived and departed while we were all standing there, or it simply evaporates from One Bus' list - never there at all.
Is it possible to reverse updates? Maybe that would help. One Bus Away stopped being remotely accurate about a year and a half ago, I think.
That buses don't come close to showing up as scheduled is not this app's fault, but it's the problem that One Bus Away attempts to, and used to succeed in, solving. I hope this app can be fixed!
Great and much needed app, but lots of room for improvement
It’s hard to write a review for this app; I love and rely on it, but I’m also very frustrated with its ui and accuracy. I know it’s using an api to query the metro busses, but there’s a couple of places where the stops aren’t correct (3rd and Marion doesn’t have the 2)
Im also baffled how the ui still has buttons that surprise me every time I tap them, and I find that I can never get the screen that I want intuitively.
Allow persisted routes, and easily let you know when the next bus on that route arrives. For example, my use case is that I wake up in the morning, know I want to take the 2 or 3 to work. I would love to get a time table for just those two busses at the nearest stop (different stops). I rely on google maps for that type of information now, but i would love for the app to just know 2 or 3’s schedule at first glance
Finally there is so much opportunity on push notifications, especially on delays etc
- University Of Washington
- 30.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Brian Ferris
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.