Check out your favorite audiobooks, eBooks, videos, magazines, comics, educational offerings, and much more. With RBdigital for libraries, you can access 10+ content services—all from a single app.
Brought to you by Recorded Books, the RBdigital app replaces Zinio for Libraries for access to digital magazines from your local library.
Only RBdigital delivers all of your favorite types of content, all in one app:
• Audiobooks: Over 30,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands premium audiobooks from other major publishers
• eBooks: Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors
• Magazines: The largest collection of digital magazines for libraries, replacing Zinio for Libraries
• Comics: Hundreds of top comics from major brands
• Streaming Video: Unlimited streaming video services, including award-winning comedies, documentaries, drama, animation, shorts, classic TV, British TV and film, Broadway shows and musicals, Spanish telenovelas and movies, and more
• Education: A comprehensive collection of online continuing education courses, world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more
• Games and Music: Full-length concerts and music documentaries, with video games coming soon
Whether you’re on the go or at home, RBdigital delivers your favorite titles right to your smartphone or tablet. It’s never been easier to access the best digital media from your library’s collection.
Download now and listen, watch, read, learn, enjoy!
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Now supports 10+ content types including unlimited streaming video, audiobooks, ebooks, magazines, educational courses and more.
Please note: content availability differs by library depending on their selections
Ratings and Reviews
Even worse than zinio
Update: now this deserves negative stars. The latest magazine issue isn’t available.
Update: I haven’t used this mess while zinio was still available but now I have no choice. I cannot read a magazine a few pages at a time because the download doesn’t save. I need to check it out every time I open one magazine. There is no bookmark. There is no way to read text on a device without all the images. The search takes too many keystrokes. I need to download to each device because the material doesn’t sync between them. The developers must never try to use this.
I appreciate my library for bringing me electronic content but they aren't getting their money's worth on this app. This is clumsy, clunky, and a terrible interface. I only use this app to read magazines and use other apps for ebooks and audiobooks. I want to be able to use landscape, bookmark where I left off, keep the whole magazine downloaded instead of doing it every time I open the app, and to email an article. I want the magazines arranged in chronological order. Zinio had all these features. This is just really bad.
New layout is bad!!!!
I LOVED this app when it was one click digital, I love having books at my finger tips! My daughters used it too. I finally talked my aging dad into listening to an audiobook, he is dyslexic and reading has always been a struggle for him. He is elderly and not tech savvy but he did well with listening to books on the app. But when it switched over to RBdigital and the layout changed the new layout is NOT user friendly at all!! My dad kept accidentally returning books too soon because it just has a little x in the top corner of each book and he keeps accidentally hitting it, then we can’t get the books back because they are on holds by other people so we only get to listen to part of books at a time. And the screen that shows you what books you have checked out doesn’t refresh like it should so it looks like you still have books checked out that you don’t. I was recommending this app to everyone, especially those with elderly parents because reading stimulates the mind, but now I can’t and I am looking for a new way to check books out digitally
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. I'll see what we can do to help make the overall user experience better.
Major improvements, excellent app now! Suggestion....
I download a few magazines at a time, it would be great if there were some kind of visual indicator from the main page to show you how much you’ve read of the magazine. Or a lot of times I’m off-line because I downloaded the magazines, then I have to go in and out of every magazine to figure out which ones I’ve already looked to return them back to the library, once I am reconnected to WiFi. So if I have 10 magazines there is no way to tell from the main page of the app which magazines I’ve already fully looked it and want to return when I am back online. Or even a few created a return to the library button at the end of the magazine or something then once you’re connected to Wi-Fi you could maybe have it automatically returns to the library. I hope that makes sense
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.