Check out your favorite audiobooks, eBooks, videos, magazines, comics, educational offerings, and much more. With RBdigital for libraries, you can access 10+ content services—all from a single app.
Brought to you by Recorded Books, the RBdigital app replaces Zinio for Libraries for access to digital magazines from your local library.
Only RBdigital delivers all of your favorite types of content, all in one app:
• Audiobooks: Over 30,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands premium audiobooks from other major publishers
• eBooks: Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors
• Magazines: The largest collection of digital magazines for libraries, replacing Zinio for Libraries
• Comics: Hundreds of top comics from major brands
• Streaming Video: Unlimited streaming video services, including award-winning comedies, documentaries, drama, animation, shorts, classic TV, British TV and film, Broadway shows and musicals, Spanish telenovelas and movies, and more
• Education: A comprehensive collection of online continuing education courses, world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more
• Games and Music: Full-length concerts and music documentaries, with video games coming soon
Whether you’re on the go or at home, RBdigital delivers your favorite titles right to your smartphone or tablet. It’s never been easier to access the best digital media from your library’s collection.
Download now and listen, watch, read, learn, enjoy!
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Now supports 10+ content types including unlimited streaming video, audiobooks, ebooks, magazines, educational courses and more.
Please note: content availability differs by library depending on their selections
Ratings and Reviews
Ask your library to get Overdrive/Libby
This is the biggest mistake we have purchased for the library that I worked for. Every week there is a problem and I have to contact my sale rep, who is awesome and wonderful, to get in contact with customer services to help me and the patrons I serviced to even look into the problems. Some of the issues that keep occurring is ebooks and eaudios when checkout disappeared and/or will not stay downloaded so you read or listen offline. Sometimes the ebooks that you have checkout will not open at all in which customer service made or made not help. I have contacted customer service before about an ebook that would not open back in June and it has not been fix. The excuses they provide are unjustified for a that big company and who has been around for a while. RB digital has more bugs than Microsoft does. I do not experience the same problems with Overdrive/Libby. Overdrive/Libby is better and even have more features then RB digital will even have. I am so frustrated with this service I’m thinking of asking my library to drop this platform and going with another.
This app is useful to connect to a subset of my library's digital audiobook holdings. Unfortunately, it's very buggy. Some of the major bugs:
(1) When you resume playing an audiobook, sometimes something doesn't register properly. The app keeps showing the "play" button, as though it were still paused. When this happens, pause and play through the iPhone's controls doesn't work. Worse, once you do manage to pause the audiobook, the next time it resumes, it's in an entirely different place than where you left off (usually where the original error occurred).
(2) It logs you out frequently, seemingly at random, sometimes while you are actively listening to a book. I was listening to a book on a road trip once. The playback stopped mid-sentence. When I managed to park and look at what was wrong, I found that the app had logged me out.
(3) When it disconnects from Bluetooth, it sometimes just switches to the iPhone speakers instead of stopping playback as it should. I don't have this problem with any other audio app.
Developer Response ,
If you are still having trouble using the app please let me know. The 30 second icon is coming back in the next release. There is an icon next to the play button that does the 30 second advance.
New layout is bad!!!!
I LOVED this app when it was one click digital, I love having books at my finger tips! My daughters used it too. I finally talked my aging dad into listening to an audiobook, he is dyslexic and reading has always been a struggle for him. He is elderly and not tech savvy but he did well with listening to books on the app. But when it switched over to RBdigital and the layout changed the new layout is NOT user friendly at all!! My dad kept accidentally returning books too soon because it just has a little x in the top corner of each book and he keeps accidentally hitting it, then we can’t get the books back because they are on holds by other people so we only get to listen to part of books at a time. And the screen that shows you what books you have checked out doesn’t refresh like it should so it looks like you still have books checked out that you don’t. I was recommending this app to everyone, especially those with elderly parents because reading stimulates the mind, but now I can’t and I am looking for a new way to check books out digitally
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. I'll see what we can do to help make the overall user experience better.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.