By Microsoft Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
OneDrive is the one place for everything in your life. It gives you free online storage for all your personal files, so you can access them from your Mac and any other devices you use – iPhone, iPad, PC, Windows Phone or Android. With OneDrive for Business, you also get storage for your work files so you can share and collaborate on them with other people at your work or school/university. The OneDrive app for Mac makes it easy to work with your OneDrive files on your Mac:
•Access your OneDrive files directly from the Finder, including attachments that you’ve saved to OneDrive from Outlook.com, and documents and spreadsheets that you’ve created from Office Online.
•Work with your OneDrive files even when you’re offline. Your changes will sync automatically the next time you’re online.
•Choose the folders in your OneDrive that you want to sync on your Mac.
•Add several files or folders to OneDrive at a time by dragging them to the OneDrive folder. By putting your files in OneDrive, you can access them from anywhere and have a backup in case something happens to your computer.
•Easily open, edit and create docs and other files in OneDrive from applications such as Word or Excel.
What's New in Version 17.3.6517.0809
• We changed an algorithm, and downloads became faster. Who would've thought it!
• [Rolling out] Limited connection at home? You can control the bandwidth that OneDrive uses.
• Fixed an issue where files or folders with accented characters would show the syncing overlay, forever.
• Fixed a couple of issues related to sign-in and setup.
• Fixed a few miscellaneous crashes and bugs.
• The Choose folders dialogue is a little friendlier. Now you can see how big each folder is before you sync it.
Works Great for Me / Not Sure Why So Many Haters
I’ve used OneDrive alongside Google Drive for years. I use Google drive to share a folder with one person, everything else I store in OneDrive. Not sure why so many haters. Works flawlessly for me. Syncs well, speeds are good. Not great, but good. The only annoyance is it will fail to sync files with unusual characters in the name. Not a make or break, but something that annoys from time to time. I also like that I can select not to keep certain folders local. I have an archive folder for older stuff that doesn’t need to be saved locally to save space. The companion iOS app is great and I love that I can protect it with Touch ID.
Great app that keeps getting better
This app keeps getting better with every update. The app used to crash very frequently but now it has become very stable. Now I can even add an business account which is the one feature that I love the most!
For some reason this no longer syncs. Of course, if it had an actual UI it might be possible to see what is going on. Instead, the OneDrive icon in my toobar is simply greyed out and the only option is “Quit OneDrive”. Which is what I promptly did.
Next step, uninstall this worthless “service" and continue to use DropBox, Box, and Google Drive.
OneDrive is a joke.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 24, 2016
- Version: 17.3.6517.0809
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor