OneTable invites people in their 20s and 30s to slow down, unplug, join together, and Friday. This app makes it easy to attend the right Shabbat dinner for you, whether that's roasting challah over a campfire, toasting with rosé on a rooftop, or anything in-between. Let's Shabbat together.
A community of over 25,000 people, At OneTable our mission is simple: to inspire people to create their own Shabbat dinner experiences. We believe that at the Shabbat dinner table you can slow down, join together and celebrate what you love. You can connect with new people, new places and new traditions. We make it easy for hosts to welcome people to a Shabbat dinner at home, for guests to savor a Friday meal and for all to experience unique events for Shabbat dinner out. Join us for slowing down, joining together, and sharing stories. Join us for new connections and moments of meaning.
-Hosts post their dinner and then are contacted by our Community Specialist to coordinate nourishment. Hosts are supported through:
- Nourishment Credits: OneTable provides a Nourishment credit of $15 per person with a maximum of $150 per dinner, depending on the number of guests. These credits can be applied to resources such as FreshDirect, Seamless, Wholefoods, Etsy and more.
- Shabbat Coaches: One on One support where each host can explore the questions or challenges he or she faces when hosting a Jewish ritual.
- “Nosh:pitality”: Fun events where our community comes together to learn things such as cooking, challah baking, cocktail making, and ritual facilitation.
- Shabbat Dinner Event Partnerships: OneTable provides financial support for entrepreneurial hosts to create their own Shabbat dinner events, often held in restaurants or other private dining venues, for 25-60 people with ticket prices ranging from $10-$100. An example of one of these events was when Liz Alpern and Jeffrey Yoskowitz, founders of the Jewish foodie business, The Gefilteria, created a farm-to-table Shabbat dinner for 50 people in Brooklyn.
- Welcoming Spaces – For multiple, individually hosted dinners that take place at the same time. An example of a welcoming space is the rooftop of the JCC in Manhattan where 15 hosts can reserve a table, invite friends, and be provided with wine, challah and dessert, plus live music and the opportunity to meet more than 100 other hosts and guests.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
I want this app to be just as good as the website but more convenient...but it isn’t. I needed to contact my host as I couldn’t locate the dinner address. I could not find how to contact the host, and finally found you must use the website, not the app.
Somehow, the dinner event page in the app was not interactive as well as clipped. The title trailed off the screen, the host’s profile wasn’t viewable.
Also, it would ask me to log in...even though I had already been logged in and never logged out. So I clicked “sign in with Facebook” > next screen “onetable wants to open Facebook > click ok > back to “OneTable wants you to log in, how would you like to log in?”
Developers: use the app to book and attend a few dinners. I’ll be using the website until improvements are made.
Bait and switch pricing
Events are free to attend until you hit event #4, information that’s buried in a help page that takes a couple clicks to find.
The price for events still displays as “free,” however. There’s also no in-app way to see how many you’ve attended, which could allow you to contest being charged if you haven’t attended the set number of events.
As of February 26th, we are no longer charging for the 4th+ dinner. We hope to help you find many more Shabbat dinners.
App crashes when connecting to FB
I forgot my password and every time I try to login with Facebook, it crashes. There is no “forgot password” option either. Please update app to not crash every time someone tries to login with Facebook.
- SHABBAT PROJECT, INC., THE
- 120 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 OneTable
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.