Onion Browser is the original free and open-source Tor-powered web browser for iOS. Onion Browser helps you access the internet with more safety and privacy, and no extra cost to you.
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
- Protect your privacy from website tracking
- Secure your traffic from insecure wireless networks and ISPs
- Support for HTTPS Everywhere, an automatic switch to HTTPS enabled websites
- Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Fight online tracking: block scripts and automatically clear cookies and tabs, based on your preferences.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
- Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
- Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
- Onion Browser might not work on networks with advanced network restrictions. If the app does not connect, try using bridges (or a different type of bridge), force-quit, and then restart the app.
- Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
** Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com **
Tor has been updated to 0.3.3.5-rc. OpenSSL has been updated to 1.1.0g.
Onion Browser 2.1 has working translations in Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Japanese, Norwegian (Bokmål), Persian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Tamil, Telugu, and Ukranian! The app will automatically use the system-wide preferred language, if it is available in Onion Browser.
Special thanks to all of our Transifex volunteers & everyone at Localization Lab for helping with this massive effort:
AboShanab, Al_Shahrior, anarchodin, anm, ariaa, arielbarbosa, arminoza, Atalanttore, balapandu222, benewfy, beonex1, biancahey, codesmite, CypherZnnb, drashti4, Ecron, emmapeel, feeblebiscuit, flaviove, Herenko, ifti, jpanonowl, jxtsai, kingu, kscanne, kwadronaut, Lafrenze, lyubomyr, mada19, Maria_Jose, Naofumi, nariman, nautilusx, pau.selles, pljmn, pluto987, s8321414, sabs, Selinaf, Selva_Makilan, SilverXp, Songbogong, sonusandeep, strel, sveinki, TokumeiNanashi, tsaizb, umkdikshit, vargaviktor, yahoe.001
Ratings and Reviews
Initially, I was learning more than I imagined I was able to absorb!
Okay a delete and reinstall repaired functional it’s, sorry Onion it’s a noble app by application. And, execution. Educational x10 too.
Now, It fails on open << ever time since 11.5.2 >> if this is going to be a common theme at the AppStore then I trust there is going to be a Great Wave to come crashing in P/E as in recent days but the size is going to be tsunami and final.
Not necessarily your fault their Onion but an ignorance in business is just going to go the way it was imagined we have tort law and consumer protection and agencies to govern these and more than likely as in checkers there’ll be some jumping to Senate as opposed to judiciary digital media and the like laws updated and refined reflecting the standards for trade and brand new ones it’s not a dark day, it’s a a shining moment of truth coming to some and some won’t survive the day. Tough.
Love the Update!!!
Much more responsive than the previous OB and the tabbed browsing is great!!! Other reviewers state that they can’t connect to certain websites or any web sites at all.....none of those problems here. I’ve been able to connect everywhere I’ve browsed (although HTTPS Everywhere does limit some unencrypted links, which is what it’s supposed to do). I have had to switch my bridge a couple of times, but that par for the course these days. MT, this is a big step in the right direction for OB on iOS. Keep up the good work. I do have one suggestion : Make it possible to change your identity IP with a button.....like The Tor Browser (if it’s possible on iOS)
- Mike Tigas
- 79.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Telugu, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2018 Tigas Ventures, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Onion Browser Tip $0.99
- Medium Onion Browser Tip $4.99
- Large Onion Browser Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.