Onkyo Controller is the official Onkyo remote control application that allows users to conveniently operate compatible Onkyo network products from their iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
The intuitive, user-friendly interface makes it easy to get more from your audio entertainment experience.
This app not only has the usual remote control functions (play/stop, volume control, etc.), it also has a multi-room feature that allows you to stream a different music track in every room or in a group of rooms. With this single app, you can stream CDs or Internet radio played through an AV amplifier in the living room to Onkyo compatible products in other rooms. *(Only compatible products released in 2016 or later)
Get more from your AV home entertainment experience with this app!
Main functions that can be operated through this application.
(1) Play music in each room or every room
- Lets you play music from music streaming services such as Pandora, Spotify, DEEZER and TIDAL, your music library on your smart device, or your NAS drive on FireConnect compatible products.
- You can play your music via radio, Bluetooth and USB.
(2) Remote control functions
- You can operate general control functions (play/stop, control the volume, select the input source, etc.) from your smartphone.
(3) Operation of connected product（home theater product such as AV amplifier）
- Lets you control a Blu-Ray Disc player or TV that is connected to an AV amplifier or home theater product via HDMI.
(4) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. Your iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server
(5) FLAC, DSD, and Apple Lossless playback capability via Home Media function (selected models only)
*By setting the “Network Standby” menu item in the unit’s initial settings to ON, you can use this application to turn on the power of the unit.
Compatible models (Models released in April 2016 or later)
Network AV Receivers launched in 2016 or later
Network Audio Player launched in 2016 or later
Home Theater: SBT-A500, HT-S7800
Wireless Speaker: NCP-302
■ Please note
・Updating to at least iOS 8.0 is required to use Onkyo Controller
・All models require a firmware update to use Onkyo Controller
・Available Service depends on regions
Ratings and Reviews
Works for what I need
Several reviewers either based their comments off an older version or couldn’t figure out how to use it. As soon as I got on the same network as my receiver (NR656) I saw it and connected. I was able to enable and disable each zone independently, set the input, and control volume to each. That’s really all I want to do so haven’t explored further. They did try to make the interface modern and it complicated things a bit, I would have preferred simple and clean, but that’s the norm these days... all the functions I need are there and work.
Works For Me
I already have a universal remote that does what I need and for basic functions I use Alexa... but when it came to listening to my music library — which is on a usb hard drive — it took way too long to get to where I needed. This app eliminated any and all difficulty. The app recognized my receiver immediately, and within a few button presses I’m listening to the song I want. What used to take 3-4 minutes (sometimes longer as I have around 1000 different artists on my HD, some are full discographies) now takes about 30 seconds.
WORST! So much easier to just walk to the receiver.
Let’s think for a moment about what you want to do with a remote app and a receiver with two zones. Change the volume quickly and easily comes to mind. So bad. Just so bad. Why do I need to click so many times? First I have to figure out which of the indecipherable little icons takes me to the place where I can choose the zone. Then I have to select a zone, and then click to get out to the place where see what is playing, then, FINALLY, I can change the volume. God forbid if I then need to turn down the other zone.
Seriously, how odd would be to just have one screen with the volume controls for both zones or, a master volume control?
I would give this app negative stars but that doesn’t seem to be an option.
- ONKYO CORPORATION
- 66.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ONKYO CORPORATION
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.