Onkyo HF Player - Hi-Res Music
By ONKYO CORPORATION
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get greater control of how your iTunes music sounds with our touch-adjustable linear-phase FIR equalizer, which offers 16,384 discrete bands of high-definition equalization with zero loss in audio quality. Name and save your own custom EQ presets or select optimized filters created by professional musicians. You can upgrade to the HD Player Pack via in-app purchase and take your 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio albums on the road with support for FLAC, WAV, and DSD enhanced for headphone use and fully supported on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
• High-precision equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
• Selectable HD equalizer mode (64-bit)
• Automatic upsampling function
• Crossfade playback option
• Album artwork and song lyric display
• Repeat function (songs within a list)
• Resume Playback Function
• Shuffle function (within a list)
• Selectable equalizer presets optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Easily add songs to playlists and Up Next list
• Real-time DSD conversion function (supported on paid version, compatible with 64-bit CPU devices such as iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 only)
Note: Paid version enables playlists from both HD Library and iPod Library.
Free Version (iPod Library)
• MP3/ALAC/AAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 48 kHz)
*DRM-protected files are not supported.
Paid Version (HD Library and iPod Library)
• Above formats plus DSF/DSD-IFF [DSD(2.8 MHz) / Double-rate DSD(5.6 MHz) / Quad-rate DSD(11.2 MHz), DoP / PCM conversion], FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 384kHz), Ogg-Vorbis (up to 192 kHz)
* Requires iPhone 5s or later for DSD 11.2 MHz and above. MP3 not supported in HD Library.
• Upgrade to HD Player Pack via in-app purchase and experience 192 kHz/24-bit high-resolution FLAC, WAV, and DSD playback
• Hi-Res Audio files can be output to the Onkyo DAC-HA200 headphone amplifier via Lightning cable, and to other compatible USB DACs using a Lighting-USB camera adapter or the iPad Camera Connection Kit
• Supports DSD-to-PCM conversion and DoP output
• Transfer audio formats including FLAC and DSD to your device via the iTunes Apps menu on your personal computer
• Note that smooth operation may be compromised on older devices (iPhone 4 and below) when in HD Equalizer Mode due to high processing demands. Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the device’s headphone connection is downsampled to 44.1 kHz. Equalizer and crossfade functions are disabled when playing audio via DoP, and frequency response is not displayed.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Recommended for iPhone 4s or later, iPod touch (5th generation or later), iPad 2 or later, and iPad mini. Requires iOS6 or later.
What's New in Version 2.6.0
- Onkyo Music downloader integration for albums and song purchased in service's website (only available on selected countries).
- New UI
- Added Pioneer "SE-CL5BT" and "SE-E7BT" to supported headphone type
Serious Navigation Flaw
I like this app a lot. Way better than iOS iTunes. But every time I leave the app then later come back to it, when I navigate backwards from the song I was playing, the player goes back to the Artists tab instead of the Playlist I started from. Then when you tap the Playlists tab, it always starts me back at the top of the playlist list rather than where I left off. This is a real pain! I was hoping this would be fixed in the last recent update, but it was not. Ugh!!
Monkey's Audio losless file support
Please support for Monkey's Audio losless (.ape)
Excellent, but please update for iOS 10
11/22/17: strange that Onkyo updates the UI but didn’t include iPhone X support.
11/21/17: Still no UI for iPad, and I continue to have problems with the app playing music when I shut off my car’s Bluetooth connection. No other app I have does this. I love it when this app works right, but Onkyo needs to step up its support for iPads and fix the weird Bluetooth issues.
12/30/16: All my Bluetooth problems have been solved with this latest release, and everything is working beautifully. Thanks, Onkyo!
11/16/16: HF Player has become even buggier for me after the iOS 10 app update. Not only has the problem when switching outputs not been solved, but now if I have the app open and paused and then switch to a Bluetooth output, tracks play back at a reduced speed. Closing and reopening the app is the only way to stop this, which is not Particularly safe when I'm driving. Other apps I have do not do this, so I believe this is an HF Player problem. Workarounds such as turning off handoff and deleting and then repairing my phone with my car and my headphones have also proved unsuccessful. I love this app, but please help, Onkyo!
Advances tracks when I switch between outputs (Bluetooth headphones to car Bluetooth, for example) or pause playback, watch a video in Safari, then restart HF Player playback. This has only happened since I upgraded to iOS 10. Please fix, Onkyo!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 21, 2017
- Version: 2.6.0
- Size: 60.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ONKYO CORPORATION
- © ONKYO Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- HD Player Pack$9.99