ONKYO HF Player
By ONKYO CORPORATION
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get greater control of how your iTunes music sounds with our touch-adjustable linear-phase FIR equalizer, which offers 16,384 discrete bands of high-definition equalization with zero loss in audio quality. Name and save your own custom EQ presets or select optimized filters created by professional musicians. You can upgrade to the HD Player Pack via in-app purchase and take your 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio albums on the road with support for FLAC, WAV, and DSD enhanced for headphone use and fully supported on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
• High-precision equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
• Selectable HD equalizer mode (64-bit)
• Automatic upsampling function
• Crossfade playback option
• Album artwork and song lyric display
• Repeat function (songs within a list)
• Resume Playback Function
• Shuffle function (within a list)
• Selectable equalizer presets optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Easily add songs to playlists and Up Next list
• Real-time DSD conversion function (supported on paid version, compatible with 64-bit CPU devices such as iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 only)
Note: Paid version enables playlists from both HD Library and iPod Library.
Free Version (iPod Library)
• MP3/ALAC/AAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 48 kHz)
*DRM-protected files are not supported.
Paid Version (HD Library and iPod Library)
• Above formats plus DSF/DSD-IFF [DSD(2.8 MHz) / Double-rate DSD(5.6 MHz) / Quad-rate DSD(11.2 MHz), DoP / PCM conversion], FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 384kHz), Ogg-Vorbis (up to 192 kHz)
* Requires iPhone 5s or later for DSD 11.2 MHz and above. MP3 not supported in HD Library.
• Upgrade to HD Player Pack via in-app purchase and experience 192 kHz/24-bit high-resolution FLAC, WAV, and DSD playback
• Hi-Res Audio files can be output to the Onkyo DAC-HA200 headphone amplifier via Lightning cable, and to other compatible USB DACs using a Lighting-USB camera adapter or the iPad Camera Connection Kit
• Supports DSD-to-PCM conversion and DoP output
• Transfer audio formats including FLAC and DSD to your device via the iTunes Apps menu on your personal computer
• Note that smooth operation may be compromised on older devices (iPhone 4 and below) when in HD Equalizer Mode due to high processing demands. Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the device’s headphone connection is downsampled to 44.1 kHz. Equalizer and crossfade functions are disabled when playing audio via DoP, and frequency response is not displayed.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Recommended for iPhone 4s or later, iPod touch (5th generation or later), iPad 2 or later, and iPad mini. Requires iOS6 or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
・The new Onkyo headphones (H500M, H500BT, E700M, E700BT, E600M, E300M, E300, E300BT, E200M, E200 and E200BT) have been added to the headphone list.
・fixed issue for slow playback during Bluetooth/AirPlay with upsampling turned on
・Confirmed iOS9 compatibility
・minor bug fixes
If HF Player does not function correctly after updating iOS version, please delete and reinstall
AMAZING - Must have if using an external DAC / Amp
This is the perfect equalizer for any headphones. I won't listen to my music through my phone unless i am able to equalize it through this app. With the in app upgrade of $10 (well worth it if using a portable DAC and HD files, in fact worth much more! If u are not DAC Ing it up the Equalizer is FREE and worth $20) It will catalogue hifi audio formats and convert your HD files (flag, WAV, MP3 :( ) from DoP to DSD up to 5.6 MHz with optional up sampling mode when using an external DAC, the choice between DSD or PCM playback-the choice between HD and SD equalization, an easy to use HD iTunes interface, and an aesthetically beautiful and intuitive user interface that will import the iTunes music and playlists stored on your phone automatically.
I was quite bummed out by the discontinuation of the Bongiovi DPS app. I'm an audiophile and I take great pride in knowing I can listen to top quality audio regardless of the device.
After quite a bit of shopping around I settled on this Onkyo app. The interface is smooth, and I like the fact that you can select artist, album, our playlist. When you select an album, the tracks appear in the correct order, a feature that other apps don't have.
The EQ is relatively intuitive and responds quickly. The preloaded specialty EQ settings are also quite nice. I'm still testing this thing out, but so far I've had good experiences with two Bluetooth speakers, as well as the Bluetooth audio in my car.
Room For Improvement
Overall nice app, look & feel is good, and ability to playback both lossy and lossless/HD music files is great- this is the main reason I tried the app.
Some issues that need to be fixed- 1. The app does not resume playback after the audio stream is interrupted by a phone call. It has to be launched & the play button pressed to start again. 2. It is spotty in terms of recalling where it left off playing a file at times once the stream is stopped, particularly if there are a few hours in between usage. 3. Refresh of non-HD file additions requires manual closure & restart of the app before they will show up in the library, there is no synch button like there is for HD file additions.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 03, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ONKYO CORPORATION
- © ONKYO Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- HD Player Pack$9.99