Get greater control of how your iTunes music sounds with our touch-adjustable linear-phase FIR equalizer, which offers 16,384 discrete bands of high-definition equalization with zero loss in audio quality. Name and save your own custom EQ presets or select optimized filters created by professional musicians. You can upgrade to the HD Player Pack via in-app purchase and take your 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio albums on the road with support for FLAC, WAV, and DSD enhanced for headphone use and fully supported on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
• High-precision equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
• Selectable HD equalizer mode (64-bit)
• Automatic upsampling function
• Crossfade playback option
• Album artwork and song lyric display
• Repeat function (songs within a list)
• Resume Playback Function
• Shuffle function (within a list)
• Selectable equalizer presets optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Easily add songs to playlists and Up Next list
• Real-time DSD conversion function (supported on paid version, compatible with 64-bit CPU devices such as iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 only)
Note: Paid version enables playlists from both HD Library and iPod Library.
Free Version (iPod Library)
• MP3/ALAC/AAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 48 kHz)
*DRM-protected files are not supported.
Paid Version (HD Library and iPod Library)
• Above formats plus DSF/DSD-IFF [DSD(2.8 MHz) / Double-rate DSD(5.6 MHz) / Quad-rate DSD(11.2 MHz), DoP / PCM conversion], FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF (up to 384kHz), Ogg-Vorbis (up to 192 kHz)
* Requires iPhone 5s or later for DSD 11.2 MHz and above. MP3 not supported in HD Library.
• Upgrade to HD Player Pack via in-app purchase and experience 192 kHz/24-bit high-resolution FLAC, WAV, and DSD playback
• Hi-Res Audio files can be output to the Onkyo DAC-HA200 headphone amplifier via Lightning cable, and to other compatible USB DACs using a Lighting-USB camera adapter or the iPad Camera Connection Kit
• Supports DSD-to-PCM conversion and DoP output
• Transfer audio formats including FLAC and DSD to your device via the iTunes Apps menu on your personal computer
• Note that smooth operation may be compromised on older devices (iPhone 4 and below) when in HD Equalizer Mode due to high processing demands. Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the device’s headphone connection is downsampled to 48 kHz. Equalizer and crossfade functions are disabled when playing audio via DoP, and frequency response is not displayed.
• The ad will be hidden.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Recommended for iPhone 4s or later, iPod touch (5th generation or later), iPad 2 or later, and iPad mini. Requires iOS9 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
There in no doubt this is one awesome music player. I am by no means an audiophile, but I do appreciate quality audio equipment — that includes apps that faithfully reproduce my music. HOWEVER, the last two changes are just downright annoying. A banner ad at the bottom?! Okay, so it does not appear on the main player screen, but it does take up space. This last update introduced a mini-player. Is that really necessary? That in addition to the banner ad really takes up some serious room. Even on an iPhone 6s. Does Onkyo really need to generate paltry revenue from ads for movies and soda pop? I suppose I could pay to have the ad removed, but that is a lot to pay since I do not need the added features to play high definition audio. Since this is a free app I will put up with it. But I would be willing to pay a dollar or two to get rid of the ad without having to pay the price asked for to unlock the high end features. Other than that it is a very nice and useful app.
Thank You Onkyo! Five Star Quality!
If you aren’t aware - the latest update release note roughly translated to English means: made correct = corrected issues = fixed some bugs.
Take a look at your most recently updated Apps, you’ll probably see something like this;
‘we corrected issue xyz and fixed some bugs’
Well, Onkyo is telling you the same thing, got it? Good.
Now, I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about. I’ve never seen a single ad*, no sign of a mini-player, the UI is intuitive and my music library is organized and looks very sharp.
Listening to your music precisely how you like is what this App is all about as the equalizer gives you an infinite amount of adjustment. So tweak it to your liking.
side notes -
• probably no ads because I’m on a VPN
• excellent equalizer presets with the added perk of listening to presets from top musical artists
• it makes perfect sense to me
• do you know how to properly use your iDevice
• don’t be afraid to explore the App
I’ve been on an iPhone user since the first day the original iPhone was released for sale in the United States back in June 2007 or so. I think I’m on my twelfth iPhone or thereabout and I’ve owned more than 4000 Apps over the past 11 years or so.
Awesome. Just awesome.
I’ll leave this short and sweet. There are some reviewers who have complained of a “serious” navigation flaw. I don’t understand how it’s “serious”, you just have to navigate back to your album page after you’ve CLOSED the app, which, to me, isn’t a “problem” at all. Bottom line: the sound quality is unparalleled in iOS, flat-out. Pay the $10 for the “hi-fi” playback for FLAC files, listen away, and never look back. I’ll never purchase another music player for iOS, because this one is that good.
- ONKYO CORPORATION
- 38.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ONKYO Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- HD Player Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.