Onkyo Remote 3
By ONKYO CORPORATION
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Onkyo Remote3 Control App is the official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch that lets you intuitively operate compatible Onkyo network products.
A refreshed and streamlined user interface makes it easy to get more from your home entertainment experience.
Available as a free download, the app is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V products as well as selected network-ready products released during or after 2009.
Note: Onkyo network components manufactured prior to 2009 will gain compatibility on a model-by-model basis.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote3
(1) Audio streaming services operation. Stations are touchscreen-selectable, with no need to view a TV display
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. Your iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server
(3) General remote control and playback functionality
(4) Volume-control function
(5) Information including station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V products with a built-in radio tuner)
(6) Stream music stored on iPhone/iPod touch wirelessly (selected models only)
(7) FLAC, DSD, and Apple Lossless playback capability via Home Media function (selected models only)
(8) Compatibility with Spotify Connect* (A/V network receivers released 2014 and after)
*Availability depends on region
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models
iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6plus and iPod touch running iOS7.1 or later.
Customer using iPhones or iPod that does not support iOS7.1 would not be able to apply this update.
Compatible Onkyo Products
- All Network A/V Receivers released during or after 2009**
- T-4070 Network Tuner
- CR-N755 Network Hi-Fi Mini System
- TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver
**2009 models are not compatible with stored music streaming on iPod touch or iPhone.
Enjoy a new world of audio convenience with this free app.
What's New in Version 1.4.4
- Adds support for 2016 models.
- Bug fixes
Used to love this app until IOS 10
Onkyo needs to get with the program. I used the Onkyo 3 app to run several zones and now I have to run it from the receiver because they refuse to update to be compatible with IOS 10 and the iPhone 7. Yes, we expect to be able to use ALL of the features when we buy your products, not just some of them. So, as everyone below me has posted, update your software. My iPhone 7 doesn't connect to my receiver through this app any longer and it's irritating. I can get Bluetooth, but nothing else.
I really like this app, but.....
It works really well with my 8160 stereo receiver. My only complaint is that it doesn't do background refreshing. So every time you switch to another app and back again, it has to reconnect. It's usually a minor annoyance but sometimes it fails to reconnect and I have to close the app completely and re-launch.
Other than that, it really makes controlling the receiver much simpler.
Downloaded the app and opened it, expecting to have to go through a tedious setup process. Nope. It located my new Onkyo receiver (already connected to my home wifi) immediately and--viola!--just like that I had full control of all its functions. Interface is simple and intuitive. Awesome.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 28, 2016
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ONKYO CORPORATION
- © Onkyo Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.