The Onkyo Remote3 Control App is the official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch that lets you intuitively operate compatible Onkyo network products.
A refreshed and streamlined user interface makes it easy to get more from your home entertainment experience.
Available as a free download, the app is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V products as well as selected network-ready products released during or after 2009.
Note: Onkyo network components manufactured prior to 2009 will gain compatibility on a model-by-model basis.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote3
(1) Audio streaming services operation. Stations are touchscreen-selectable, with no need to view a TV display
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. Your iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server
(3) General remote control and playback functionality
(4) Volume-control function
(5) Information including station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V products with a built-in radio tuner)
(6) Stream music stored on iPhone/iPod touch wirelessly (selected models only)
(7) FLAC, DSD, and Apple Lossless playback capability via Home Media function (selected models only)
(8) Compatibility with Spotify Connect* (A/V network receivers released 2014 and after)
*Availability depends on region
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models
iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6plus and iPod touch running iOS7.1 or later.
Customer using iPhones or iPod that does not support iOS7.1 would not be able to apply this update.
Compatible Onkyo Products
- All Network A/V Receivers released during or after 2009**
- T-4070 Network Tuner
- CR-N755 Network Hi-Fi Mini System
- TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver
**2009 models are not compatible with stored music streaming on iPod touch or iPhone.
Enjoy a new world of audio convenience with this free app.
- Adds support for 2016 models.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Want an Onkyo 4 App Please!
Onkyo Team, I love the convenience of having this Smart Phone App to control my WiFi enabled Onkyo receiver, but was very disappointed when I was forced to updgrade from my Onkyo Remote2 App to this Remote3 App. I lost the key functionality controlling the volume for my Zone 2 outdoor speakers. No matter what settings I change or which online forum’s advice I have tried to follow, my Zone 2 volume control within the app shows as “Pre-Fixed Out” and will not let me adjust the volume. What is frustrating is that this was never an issue with my Onkyo Remote2 App, but that App is no longer compatible with my iOS version, so I’m stuck with the Remote3 App. Please make this right and send out an update or a new version to resolve this issue.
Works well with my new Onkyo TX-8140 receiver
I can’t use the standard remote because I don’t have direct line of sight access to the receiver. This iOS app solves that perfectly and is easy to use. My primary music source right now is Pandora and I’m delighted to see full Pandora functionality from within the Onkyo app. Looking forward to testing alternative source inputs from the app but I have no reason to believe that there will be any issues.
Used to love this app until IOS 10
Onkyo needs to get with the program. I used the Onkyo 3 app to run several zones and now I have to run it from the receiver because they refuse to update to be compatible with IOS 10 and the iPhone 7. Yes, we expect to be able to use ALL of the features when we buy your products, not just some of them. So, as everyone below me has posted, update your software. My iPhone 7 doesn't connect to my receiver through this app any longer and it's irritating. I can get Bluetooth, but nothing else.
- ONKYO CORPORATION
- 10.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Onkyo Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.