Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With OnSong, you can manage huge collections of chord charts and lyrics sheets for your band or worship team on a simple, lightweight device. Quickly pull and reorder lists and flip from one song to the next with ease. Transpose and highlight chords or change font size with a brush of your finger! Playing music has never been more simple. This software is built for live performance musicians.
You can import songs directly from online sources such as Dropbox, or add your own songs with the built-in editor. Just type the song like you would expect and surround your chords in square brackets inline with your lyrics. It's that easy! OnSong automatically detects sections and titles for you when you end them with a colon.
You can also import your existing songs using iTunes file sharing or Dropbox. OnSong supports PDF, Word, Pages, JPG, PNG, TIFF, ChordPro and text file formats.
When you have your set just the way you want it, share it with your band members wirelessly. Listen to the song you are playing directly from your iTunes or OnSong music library, play a metronome or get the music iTunes with just one tap. This app is loaded with features that musicians demand.
• Simple song and chord entry
• Import, export and synchronize with Dropbox and other sources
• Pull sets and change songs for live performance
• Flip or tap through all the songs in your set
• Transpose and capo with the brush of a finger
• Highlight or bold chords for visibility
• Change font size and style
• Keep track of your past sets and archive
• Import songs from your various online sources
• Play backing tracks from your iTunes or OnSong music library
• Play a click track to a metronome with remembered tempo for each song
• Share wirelessly with your band members over Bluetooth or WiFi
• Send your list to your team via email
• Print your set wirelessly to an AirPrint printer
• Works with many foot pedals such as the AirTurn PED, AirTurn BT-105, Griffin Stompbox and iRig Blueboard
• Project lyrics or use a stage monitor with VGA, HDMI, AirPlay and Chromecast support
What's New in Version 1.998
We're continuing to make OnSong better with bug fixes and new features. Please check out the release notes for this version at: http://onsongapp.com/releases/1.998/
This app is fantastic!...I use it all the time for worship planning and leading. I would encourage anyone to give it a try. Also, ignore the one star reviews...not sure what the deal is with those peeps but this app is awesome. One thing I've learned over the past few years of using the app is that Jason and his team are very committed to listening to the users and finding and squashing bugs. This can be seen in the huge list of enhancements, fixes and new features that now seem to come monthly.
Of course, there are some things I'd love to have, one of which would be automatic syncing of my song library between my devices (not the onsong media library). ...there is always something to wish for nowadays with apps...
That said, over the past few years of using this app it has completely changed the way I interact with my music and my teams! Great job Onsong team!
For all it boasts, Onsong does not deliver all that it claims. The full spectrum of options to edit your music (chord highlighting, chord color change, capo adjustment, font size/style change, etc.) is only available if you type in the music yourself, or convert an imported file with their song "editor". Converting mean the song will become an omelette you have to unscramble to be able to use. A real drag when they have quick upload links to sites like SongSelect right in the app to avoid the extra work. When I asked Support what the issue was, I'm told that certain PDFs don't convert properly. Well, they should have said NO PDFs convert, because every route I've tried from (Word, Pages, documents from both saved as PDF, and SongSelect) has failed to convert (these uploads convert to dashes and semicolons) resulting in a complete rewrite needed to make the music usable. When music is uploaded from SongSelect, the only enhancement options given is key change. Yay...
Other than that, the app is a document viewer. I've paid $15 for a $2 app that's a whole lot of work.
Best app period
This is the best I've used, above all the others😎
Foot pedal/ color coded / font and instant key change along with so many other great features.
Well worth every penny.
Support is top notch!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 22, 2015
- Version: 1.998
- Size: 45.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: OnSong LLC
- © 2012 OnSong LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- OnSong Console$9.99
- Acoustic Guitar Soundbank$0.99
- Bass Guitar Soundbank$0.99
- MIDI Integration$4.99
- Piano Soundbank$0.99
- Motion Background$2.99
- FastTrack Support$1.99