Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Being on stage is hard. Even scary for some. Whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting out, OnStage helps take some of the worry out of your performance. Whether tracking your time or remembering what comes next, OnStage can help. Here are some of the key features in Version 1.0:
- Unlimited number of timers
- Unlimited number of segments for each timer
- Custom colors for each segment (so you can see at a glance where you are
- Optional pause at the end of each segment
- Count Up or Count Down
- At the end, timers can Continue, Loop, Stop, or Reset
- Cut and paste text for the telemprompter into any timer
- And much, much more
OnStage is not just for presenters. In fact, it's good for anyone who does stage work. Here are some of the people that can benefit from OnStage:
- Debate Teams
- Meeting Planners
- And many, many more
In fact, the timers are so flexible, that they can be used off the stage too. People such as Gym Trainers, Workout Enthusiasts, and Home Cooks. Working on your High Intensity Interval Training? Set up a timer that allows you to see where you are just from a glance. Have a complicated dinner party to put together. set up a timer to make sure each thing goes on the stove at the right time. The possibilities are nearly endless.
What's New in Version 1.1
We're so glad you love our app, and really appreciate your feedback and insight into all the ways you're using the app. We've listened to your requests and added many of the requested features (with more to come).
New features in version 1.1:
- Skip forward/backward between segments (this was the most requested feature by far)
- Pan forward/backward through the timeline by dragging the play head (iPad only)
- eMail the segment list (great for sending a set list or agenda to participants)
- AutoStart the timer at a particular time (iPad only)
Fixes in version 1.1:
- Sounds now work properly all of the time on supported devices
- Misc performance improvements and bug fixes
Nice for rehearsal, some wishes ...
Nice application and certainly worth any cent.
I used it to rehearsal my presentation during Siggraph (Exhibition Floor), While working on a computer and connecting with my audience, I notice that I miss three things to use it for the final presentations.
- the three buttons (iPad3) for back and fore, as well play/stop are too tiny. It takes too much attention to find them while speaking, this needs to be big and large for the iPad version.
- the chapter text is not adjustable (size-wise) and stays pretty small on the screen, which is from my point of view the reason #2 why I went back to paper.
- the tele-promter text should have as option a chapter marker
well as I hope that I suggest here stuff and not sound like a complainer, please allow two more suggestion.
- the current chapter should be over the time marker (as it is now) but the next chapter needs to be visible already under the time line, that would help a lot.
- instead of the teleprompter, I would have loved to use per chapter an image, so I can integrate very individual parts of my presentation, as memory-support.
So five stars even I did not used it live? Yes! Because it has helped me to stop the time and get faster organized with my stuff. For $2, there is not complain of course.
I like it and use it even with the bugs!
So this app is great for the Freelance Audiovisual Technicians like me. When your client asks on day two for a speaker timer, and you know that it will cost someone, and won't get there in the 10 minutes before show, you can pull this iPad app, and not only save the day, but look good doing it.
The color changing background and different named segments give your clients a better visual cue and better controls then the old "big red" clock.
1) You cannot set custom times. As in 14h:58m:32s. I hope this is a glitch that has an easy fix.
2) The font size will not change.
3) The Teleprompter cannot be changed or edited while a show is running. It stops an resets the clock. It also sits to low in the overall screen.
Ideas for the next update:
- What Segment to flash: each segment would have a check box, that activates the next two values.
- What to flash: background/ time.
- When to flash: the last 60 - 10 seconds.
- Fix the bug that stops the time when you go into edit mode.
- Presets that can be made and triggered.
- Live text mode. Put a window at the bottom to type in. But make it possible that new text and the keyboard are only seen by the operator, not by the speaker, until activated on.
Sorry to nag, but these are the features needed and problems that need to be fixed.
The 'Timers' button at the very top of the screen has no way to add a new timer so it appears that only the timers which ship with the product are available. it took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to add a new timer (you have to click the same 'Timers' button at the top, but from the edit screen. Why on Earth would the menu options change from screen to screen without any indication? Ridiculous. I cursed this company and nearly deleted this app in frustration over what turned out to be such a seemingly small thing, but geez, there's no reason for the option to create a new timer to be so unintuitive, you know, since this is an app for creating timers. I really can't believe how thick-witted so many developers are when it comes to placing primary functionality right up front in obvious places.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 15, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thomas Crawford
- © 2011 VizNetwork
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.