By ITA Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OnTheFly™ by ITA Software offers an advanced and comprehensive way to shop for airfares for any itinerary in the world. Quickly and easily find available flights with optimal fares using a friendly and intuitive interface. Experience a fast, fun way to compare options across airlines, dates, and alternate cites/airports. Savvy road warriors, travel geeks, and novice travel shoppers can rely on ITA Software to plan air travel.
This app does not allow booking. Once a trip is selected you can email or call your preferred travel provider to make the reservation, confident that you have all the information you need to get the best fare for you.
OnTheFly™ is developed and operated by ITA Software, a leading provider of innovative travel technology. ITA’s advanced airfare pricing and shopping technology powers its mobile application as well as the web sites and call centers of many airlines and travel companies worldwide.
OnTheFly™ gives you control over the mobile shopping experience:
• Flexible airport selection automatically suggests additional airports around origin or destination and allows multiple airports to be selected
• Intuitive travel date selector enables you to specify either single or multiple departure and arrival dates in one calendar interaction
• Fine-grained control over search parameters allows you to specify number and type of passengers (such as adult or child), departure and arrival times, number of permitted stops, cabin class, and others
• Easy-to-read, chart summaries of search results enable easy comparison among airlines, number of stops, travel dates and airports, as well as total mileage and carbon emissions for each trip
• The ability to build an itinerary flight by flight makes it easy to explore multiple options, with controls for sorting flights by airline, price, departure time, arrival time, flight duration, and number of permitted stops
• Full disclosure of exact airfare calculation, including all taxes and fees, provides all information necessary to make a reservation and purchase the ticket
What's New in Version 1.2.3
Bug fix for iOS5 users
Love the line chart of price by departure date
I really like the ability to select:
* Length of stay / vacation length
* # or no stops
* Month of planned travel
* Departure / Destination
And then ITA returns a line graph showing me the price by departure date, so I can pick the departure date /lowest price that works for my family's schedule.
Heading to Cancun from San Francisco and got tickets for $624 round trip versus $1,800 because I shifted departure date 4 days earlier to avoid Thanksgiving extortion by carriers.
This app is great for checking flight prices. It will give you the lowest price even over what Kayak is showing. When you want to book however, you can't book through the app, you have to call the airline. This negates any savings you might have found because when booking with an agent of the airline, in this case, American, they will charge you $25 per ticket. If you buy online, there is no booking fee. So my advice is to just use ITA online when possible. That said you can use the app to save possible itineraries and these are saved neatly on one page and the app will update the current fares for you. Great tool!!!
Not as useful as the web
I love ita software, I use the website a lot to help me pinpoint which airlines have the best fares. The website they have is stupendous, and allows you lots of flexibility to find the best deal. The iPad app is dumbed down without the option for many variables or complications. So the app will only really work if you have a simple itinerary and you know the dates. I will continue to use the website instead of the app, since I can select more than three airports at once, and can search for multi-leg itineraries, etc., and searching for the lowest fare over a calendar of dates (with options for a range of the length of the stay) is more achievable with the website.