onX Hunt has been featured in Field and Stream, Outdoor Life and American Hunter as the best hunting app, hiking app, and GPS app for any outdoorsman or hunter. Used by millions of US hunters.
Know where you stand with the most trusted and accurate map data. Use onX Hunt as a fully functioning free GPS on your phone. View private and public land ownership maps, Hunting Units, roads and all trails, US topographic maps and more! Turn your phone into the best free hunting app with offline maps, location tracking GPS for hunting, and more!
▶ FREE HUNTING APP FEATURES
• NO ADS
• Web Map for scouting at home and syncing data to your mobile. Web Hunting Map: www.onxmaps.com/web
• Aerial view maps and 24K Topographical Maps with GPS Navigation
• Hunting Units or Game Management Units (GMU) for multiple species (such as Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Wolf, Whitetail Deer, and Turkey hunting)
•The onX Hunt App is a hunting GPS with tracks & custom waypoints: mark waypoints with icons to navigate back to your vehicle, camp, or hunt stand
• Easily measure distances between treestands hunt stands and blinds
• Mark Custom Waypoints: Camp, Truck, Trail Cam, Deer, Elk, etc.
• Measure acreage with the Shape Tool to easily measure food plots
• Track the distance, duration, and speed of your hunt with our GPS Hunting Tracker
• Topographical quad maps
• Points of Interest & Geographic Feature
• DNR maps
▶ OFFLINE GPS
Turns your phone into the best GPS for outdoor GPS functionality by using the GPS tracker built into your phone, or tablet, to display your location on the map. Cellular network coverage is NOT needed, as our technology allows you to save basemaps and layers for offline maps.
▶ FREE TRIAL
While onX Hunt& many of its features are free, you will also start a free Premium State Membership trial when you install the App. This allows you to try a full-featured Premium State Membership for 7 days.
With a Premium State Membership, you gain access to our proprietary hunting GPS maps developed by our GIS team. A Premium State Membership costs $29.99/year. Get the same great features of onX Hunt but with the additional benefits of:
• Public land like Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management (BLM maps), Wildlife Management Areas, County and State land hunting maps, Timber Lands, and more!
• Landowner names with property line maps and boundaries in available counties*
• Search by landowner name or hunting property landowner boundaries to scout and look for new areas to hunt.
• Save private, or public hunting land maps for use when you are out of cell phone coverage.
• GMUs or Hunting Units for multiple species (such as Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Wolf, White Tailed Deer, and Turkey Hunting)
• Possible Access Lands, Walk-In areas, Block Management Areas and private lands open to the public for hunting and recreation.
• The largest database of nationwide Roads and Trails ever built.
* Private landownership maps may not be available for all counties.
▶ ELITE NATIONWIDE:
With an Elite Membership, you gain access to our proprietary maps for all 50 states. Easily scout and plan hunts in any state now for one membership price. Available for $99.99/year or $14.99/month.
▶ MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION
•Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, & identify the cost of the renewal.
•Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of Purchase.
•Turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Having a problem, or want to request new features please contact us at
If you love onX Hunt, help us spread the word by leaving a review!
In this version we addressed bugs and improved stability. Recently we added wind and weather conditions sourced from the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Heading out of cell range? No problem. Wind and Weather conditions are available on your device anytime. In order to continue supporting the capabilities of newer operating systems, we no longer support iOS 9, which applies to iPhone 4s, iPad (original), iPad 2, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad mini (original) and iPod 5th Gen.
Reminder: access our web version at onXmaps.com/web for e-scouting. Saved data on web, such as waypoints and line distance measurements, syncs to your iOS device over WiFi or data connection. Know where you stand with onX Hunt, the most inclusive GPS hunting app in the App Store. Good luck and good hunting!
Ratings and Reviews
Most useful app I have
I was hesitant to try this app after some other ones came up very short, but after a few friends recommended it I tried the free trial. I was hooked the first time I used it! For once there is an app that actually does what it advertises. Just today it was well worth the yearly subscription, I had hiked about 7 miles into the woods along a game trail and it was getting very hot and I was very tired, I decided to open OnX to see how much further I had to go if I stayed on the trail to intersect the road, when I opened the app I saw that I had just started paralleling the road but the intersection was another two miles away, but as the crow flies I was only a half mile from the road, so I just hiked the half mile and was back on the road I had parked on saving me probably a couple hours.
Also customer support is great! I was having an issue with the app when off grid sometimes, I emailed them about it and they responded quickly stating they were aware of the issue and it had already been fixed in the update that got released that same day, I updated the app and it has been flawless ever since! Best app ever
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for leaving a review!
Best app I have ever used
This is my first review. Ever. I have been using OnX Hunt for a few years now. I cannot stop recommending this app to everyone I talk hunting with. I mark everything. Trails, tracks, rubs, scrapes, roosts, kills, sightings, treestands, blinds, trail cameras.... everything. At first I used it to keep inventory of my gear and where it was left. Now I share a few hunting spots and hunt some friends ground as well. They are now able to see where the trail cameras, stands and blinds are and can hang theirs accordingly. If I need or want them to check a cam? No problem. I can show them exactly where it is. From satellite and topo maps I am able to scout a lot from the air before I ever step foot on the property. And having landowner info is AWESOME when bow season is over and we change gears and start predator hunting. I measure, figure areas, scout, drop waypoints for everything. Best. App. Period. I will continue to pay for this app and will continue to recommend it to anyone that truly takes their hunting seriously. Thank you for creating an app that is, in my opinion, one of the best tools a hunter can have in his pocket.
Developer Response ,
We're glad you are using the app to it's full potential! Thank you for the feedback! Good luck this season!
Property Ownership Updates Slow
Based on my direct experience using the app as well as providing correct land owner information to OnX, they are very slow to update land ownership changes. I would venture to say that the land ownership is one of the most if not the most important map layer that hunters want to see. For the price that users pay for this subscription, this is the information that needs to be as current as possible, especially when the app is showing a property as open to the public when it is actually privately owned.
I own property that was shown on the app as open to the public when I purchased it nearly a year ago. The app showed the property that was previously owned by a University Foundation as open to the public even though the foundation had it posted as private. I alerted OnX to this error and provided them all of the information they requested but the error still remains today. This land was never open to the public.
If this is the speed at which the company handles a critical map error, as a user I would not pay the extra for “elite” membership. Just my personal opinion as a hunter and subscriber.
Developer Response ,
Sorry we haven't updated your ownership information for that parcel yet. We update each state about once a year, and do our best to make sure errors are fixed in a timely fashion. A parcel that is displayed under the Government Lands layer is not necessarily open to public access. It's important to consult the regulations for any parcel before attempting to access it for any reason.
- onXmaps, Inc.
- 165 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 onXmaps
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Yearly Membership $29.99
- Elite Monthly Membership $14.99
- HUNT Elite Monthly Membership $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.