onX Hunt has been featured in Field and Stream, Outdoor Life and American Hunter as the best hunting app, hiking app, and GPS app for any outdoorsman or hunter. Used by millions of US hunters.
Know where you stand with the most trusted and accurate map data. Use onX Hunt as a fully functioning free GPS on your phone. View private and public land ownership maps, Hunting Units, roads and all trails, US topographic maps and more! Turn your phone into the best free hunting app with offline maps, location tracking GPS for hunting, and more!
▶ FREE HUNTING APP FEATURES
• NO ADS
• Web Map for scouting at home and syncing data to your mobile. Web Hunting Map: www.onxmaps.com/web
• Aerial view maps and 24K Topographical Maps with GPS Navigation
• Hunting Units or Game Management Units (GMU) for multiple species (such as Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Wolf, Whitetail Deer, and Turkey hunting)
•The onX Hunt App is a hunting GPS with tracks & custom waypoints: mark waypoints with icons or photos to navigate back to your vehicle, camp, or hunt stand
• Easily measure distances between treestands hunt stands and blinds
• Mark Custom Waypoints: Camp, Truck, Trail Cam, Deer, Elk, etc.
• Measure acreage with the Shape Tool to easily measure food plots
• Track the distance, duration, and speed of your hunt with our GPS Hunting Tracker
• Topographical quad maps
• Points of Interest & Geographic Feature
• DNR maps
Turns your phone into the best GPS for outdoor GPS functionality by using the GPS tracker built into your phone, or tablet, to display your location on the map. Cellular network coverage is NOT needed, as our technology allows you to save basemaps and layers for offline maps.
▶ FREE TRIAL
While onX Hunt& many of its features are free, you will also start a free Premium State Membership trial when you install the App. This allows you to try a full-featured Premium State Membership for 7 days.
With a Premium State Membership, you gain access to our proprietary hunting GPS maps developed by our GIS team. A Premium State Membership costs $29.99/year. Get the same great features of onX Hunt but with the additional benefits of:
• Public land like Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management (BLM maps), Wildlife Management Areas, County and State land hunting maps, Timber Lands, and more!
• Landowner names with property line maps and boundaries in available counties*
• Search by landowner name or hunting property landowner boundaries to scout and look for new areas to hunt.
• Save private, or public hunting land maps for use when you are out of cell phone coverage.
• GMUs or Hunting Units for multiple species (such as Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Wolf, White Tailed Deer, and Turkey Hunting)
• Possible Access Lands, Walk-In areas, Block Management Areas and private lands open to the public for hunting and recreation.
• The largest database of nationwide Roads and Trails ever built.
* Private landownership maps may not be available for all counties.
With an Elite Membership, you gain access to our proprietary maps for all 50 states. Easily scout and plan hunts in any state now for one membership price. Available for $99.99/year or $14.99/month.
•Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, & identify the cost of the renewal.
•Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of Purchase.
•Turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Having a problem, or want to request new features please contact us at
"If you love onX Hunt, help us spread the word by leaving a review.
In this version, we addressed bugs and improved stability. Reminder: access our web version at onXmaps.com/web for e-scouting. Know where you stand with onX Hunt, the most accurate GPS hunting app in the App Store! Good luck and good hunting."
Ratings and Reviews
Best app I have ever used
This is my first review. Ever. I have been using OnX Hunt for a few years now. I cannot stop recommending this app to everyone I talk hunting with. I mark everything. Trails, tracks, rubs, scrapes, roosts, kills, sightings, treestands, blinds, trail cameras.... everything. At first I used it to keep inventory of my gear and where it was left. Now I share a few hunting spots and hunt some friends ground as well. They are now able to see where the trail cameras, stands and blinds are and can hang theirs accordingly. If I need or want them to check a cam? No problem. I can show them exactly where it is. From satellite and topo maps I am able to scout a lot from the air before I ever step foot on the property. And having landowner info is AWESOME when bow season is over and we change gears and start predator hunting. I measure, figure areas, scout, drop waypoints for everything. Best. App. Period. I will continue to pay for this app and will continue to recommend it to anyone that truly takes their hunting seriously. Thank you for creating an app that is, in my opinion, one of the best tools a hunter can have in his pocket.
We're glad you are using the app to it's full potential! Thank you for the feedback! Good luck this season!
Great app, lacking in a few places
I love this app so far, but one gripe.
The downloadable maps should be more customizable, or at least give me more options. I’m locked into low/medium/high res maps for offline use. The high and medium res maps have amazing detail, too much for my uses, and only lets me download a certain size (5 or 10 mile wide) plot at a time. If I wanted to download a 100 mile square I would have to download 10 different maps. Not the hardest thing in the world to do, but tedious when compared to other offline gps app like Gaia(onxhunt and Gaia are very different, Gaia/off-roading navigation and onxhunt I use for hunting).
The low res covers practically all of Colorado, and is close to detailed enough, but not quite. If they could make an offline map download option that was in between the low and medium res options, this app would be everything I could hope for. I could download 4-8 maps and cover the entire state, and never have to worry about not having service when I want to check my location.
Thanks for the feedback. I will pass that along to our team to see what we can do about adding more customization to the offline maps. Glad you are enjoying the app!
Life made easier in the field
New Update Comment: The recent upgrade has allowed the sharing of waypoints on my mobile device. Recently on of the hunters I work with asked for some hot Hunting spots. I shared a number on waypoints to him via our mobile device. So easy to get some much to another!
I have had the privilege of using onX HUNT products for many years, both with GPS and mobile! The latest with mobile is over the top. It has been made easier, so beginners will have no challenges to understand the mapping. Accuracy is fantastic and finding places is easy and fast. The layers are there at finger touch. Nice to be able to remove, when needed and add quickly. Making waypoints and quickly editing the waypoints is a great advantage for making it easy to find on the content page. I have all my hunters moving to this simple to use technology. I highly recommend onX HUNT to every outdoor person to use. Frank Biggs aka Bwana Bubba
That's great to hear We're glad you are enjoying the share feature!
- onXmaps, Inc.
- 138.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 onXmaps
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Yearly Membership $29.99
- Elite Monthly Membership $14.99
- HUNT Elite Monthly Membership $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.