Dietary advice for gout or kidney stones is often conflicting, inaccurate or even completely outdated. Therefore we evaluated hundreds of scientific sources to put together the latest information available for these topics. The app provides you with sufficient information to make informed choices for healthier eating.
The app covers the following topics:
■ DIET AND GOUT
Usually, the method of choice is a dietary restriction of the purine intake. However, it is frequently overlooked that not all purines are equally problematic and that several other dietary factors play an important role.
■ LOW OXALATE DIET
Without proper instruction a low oxalate diet is very complicated to follow. However, most guidelines do not consider the bioavailability of oxalates. Besides, oxalates are only one factor that contributes to the formation of kidney stones.
You can use the app for free with a limited functionality. It doesn't require a registration and is free of ads. If you want more details, you can upgrade each topic with an in-app purchase that adds additional features and information.
• Profiles for a low purine diet and a low oxalate diet with color-coded ratings
• Access to all entries of the database
• Creating shopping lists
• Access to detailed articles and our blog in the info section
• Unlocks all relevant information about gout or kidney stones, respectively
• Gives access to 43 nutritional values, including vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, fatty acids, glycemic index, and glycemic load
• Sorting by nutritional values
• Set-up of advanced filter criteria
• Personalization of the app with additional dietary profiles
• Useful extra functions for vegetarians
• Direct access to our blog with interesting articles about nutrition
• Many new foods added
• Improved performance
• Fixed order of search results in search function
• Revision of the “Lower blood pressure” profile
• Several detail improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Knowledge that this app gives will prevent years of kidney problems for me
I have been looking for books that do not exist that does with this app does -address uric acid in oxalates. However I would be glad to purchase the professional edition unfortunately there is one just for oxalates and another just for uric acid. If the designer could have put both of them together as this free version is -with happiness I will purchase the other however this is a fantastic App and a must have for anyone who wants control over their life and health.
I couldn't live without this app
I am new to this world of leaky gut and healing. I also can't eat medium high amounts of oxalates and uric acid. I'm so appreciative of this app. It really has helped me on my journey to understand why I couldn't eat beans, almonds and so many foods! I just want to say thank you so much to the admin who created this app. You really have blessed my life on this journey of healing. Thank you so much!
I would love to see a lectins app from you guys!!!
Needs an update
This is the best app I’ve found with info on oxalates, but there are many common foods missing (flour tortillas?!) and some conflicting information (see corn vs corn on the cob). Maybe it’s just my iPhone 6, but I also can’t view the visual charts because there’s no way to minimize the keyboard. Last thing I’ve noticed is there’s a vegetarian feature, but all it does is grays out the meat options rather than hiding them altogether. Not sure the point of that. Overall a decent way to look up nutrition information.
- Baliza GmbH
- 53 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Low purine diet for gout $3.99
- Low oxalate diet $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.