Create GPS traces with waypoints. Offline map support, no time restrictions, no ads, no in-app-purchases.
Open GPX Tracker is ideal for:
* Traveling and vacation (offline map app)
* Collecting and sharing track and waypoints data
* Creating routes and waypoints for editing Open Street Map.
* Publishing Open Street Map Traces.
* Creating real GPX files for testing your iOS apps in Xcode.
* Apple Watch App support
* Offline maps
* Displays tracking information in a map
* Displays speed, distance, coordinates and time
* Use multiple map sources (Apple Maps, Open Street Maps, Open Cycle Maps, CartoDB)
* Pause / Resume tracking
* Add waypoint to user location
* Add waypoint to any place in the map with a long press
* Edit waypoint name
* Drag & Drop waypoint pin
* Remove waypoints
* Send by email saved session (track + waypoints)
* Use iTunes to copy files into your computer
* Load on map a saved session and continue tracking
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Performance improvements and bug fixes:
* Improved battery performance in Apple Watch
* Fixed issue. In certain situations saved tracks were duplicated.
* Added notification in iOS app to confirm file reception.
Open GPX Tracker is an Open Source and free to use app. If you like it, please make a review and share how it was useful for you.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for geotagging my photos
I have become OCD about geotagging my photos in the past decade. I started with a GPS tracker (clunky). I moved on to using my iPhone when I wasn’t somewhere outside civilization (which is all the time now). I’ve paid for apps but they sometimes were abandoned or began pestering me with ads. I fell for the “Free to download!” qualifier not realizing they were limited. I recently tried this app out. It worked. I don’t need a lot of extra features. I just need an app that can track accurately. It should just start up and begin tracking with a tap. Naming a trip is nice but not necessary. It should export a GPX file. On those expectations this app is perfect. No bloating. The worst I can say is it drains the battery (but all tracking apps do that). This is my go-to app now.
Does what it says on the box
I installed this app on my iPhone 6s Plus running 11.4 and it works fine. Emailed the track to myself and that worked fine, too. The map has a watermark all over saying that an API key is required; if there were an obvious way to get and enter that then I’d give five stars. I wanted a way to generate real tracks for testing location aware applications and this app delivered.
Awesome GPS logging app
This is a great open source GPS logging app! However, unfortunately on my iPhone 7 running iOS 11.3.1, I cannot export my saved GPX tracks: If I use the email option the app crashes... I hope this can be fixed, or another export option can be added?
- Juan Manuel Merlos
- 34.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Juan M. Merlos (c) 2015-2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.