Open Payments Mobile for Physicians
By Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is providing a free mobile app to help physicians keep track of, store, and view financial payments and other transfers of value from applicable manufacturers of covered drugs, devices, biologicals, or medical supplies to physicians, as defined by the Physician Payment Sunshine Act and its implementing regulations.
What's New in Version 2.1
Numerous usability enhancements, bug fixes, and performance improvements:
- New tablet layout
- New ability to sort and filter payments
- New "Export Payment Data” screen—choose a year or export all
- New ability to scan QR codes from lock screen
- Tapping chart items in "Reports and Statistics” now links to the corresponding payments
- General improvements to the user interface
- Numerous bug fixes and performance improvements
Pretty limited app
Open Payments (ie Sunshine Act) is a law obligating manufacturers of medications, Biologics, and medical devices to report payments to physicians which will be available to the public on a CMS website. This app does not get information from that website. Rather this is like a notepad to keep track of potential payments. Overall cumbersome to navigate and very limited utility.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jun 13, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- © Public Domain
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.