Open Word Processor - Edit Microsoft Word Office Documents for iPad
By Appsverse Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
+ Create and edit Microsoft Word® (.doc and .docx) and Open Office Documents (.odt) on your iPad.
+ LIMITED TIME SALE 60% off - USD$9.99 -> USD$3.99
+ From makers of Photon Flash Player Browser - #1 paid browser in US app store.
Open Word Processor Professional for iPad allows you to create, view and edit Microsoft Office 2007,2010,2013 documents, Open Office Open Text Documents and LibreOffice text documents.
You can transfer existing .doc or .docx from your PC to the iPad via Wifi Transfer or USB Sync. You can also edit existing files from Dropbox, Google Docs, Google Drive and Box.com.
Open Word Processor Pro for iPad supports the following in editing Word and text documents
+ View, create and edit Microsoft Word 2007,2010,2013 documents (.doc & .docx)
+ View, create and edit Open Text Documents (.odt)
+ Powerful file management capability for your iPad that is integrated with Dropbox, Google Docs, Google Drive and Box.com.
+ Convenient file transfer capability with support for Wi-fi transfers.
+ Spelling and grammar checking functionality
+ Insertion of headers, footers and comment
+ Support insertion, deletion, merging and spliting cells in tables
+ Word and characters Count
+ Text highlighting
+ Multiple and granular zooming
+ Unlimited number of undos and redos
+ Large number of font supports
+ International language input
+ Drawing tools support including drawing of shapes
Open Word Processor Professional for iPad is a cloud based solution hosting the popular LibreOffice which is a fork of the popular Open Office which has been downloaded more than 100M times.
- Not all documents can be opened or edited successfully. Some opened and saved documents may result in a loss of formatting due to formats in compatibility. If you are unsure, you can email us your non-confidential document to our support email to help you test if the app can open the documents successfully for you.
- OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
- LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
- Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- This app is not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by LibreOffice, OpenOffice or Microsoft
- This app is a cloud based and hosted solution and requires users to be online for its editing features.
- If you are interested in using LibreOffice on desktop computers, please visit www.libreoffice.org
What's New in Version 3.1
+ Fix language issue
+ Bug fixes
This has worked well for my needs so far. It is a little slow, sometimes the screen will go white as it refreshes for no apparent reason and I have to wait for my document to reappear to finish working. The tasks and tool bar are similar to MS Word. It did take me a little while to figure out how to highlight text to modify it or copy. For the benefit of others: you select the mouse from the upper right icons and position it next to desired text to be highlighted then double tap, that will highlight the first word. Then position mouse over blinking cursor and click and drag to where you want highlighting to stop. Trick is to press hard on the screen for the drag or it will not work. (maybe that was a quirk of my iPad but maybe not.)
Overall, it gets the job done, even if a little slowly.
Edits both Microsoft and open office docs
Been using it for months now. This app rocks. Powerful but takes a little getting used to with it many functionalities and features. It edits my Microsoft word documents. What I really needed was an app that could also open Open Office documents as I receive in this format from some of my classmates. This app does it all when other apps could not. Worth the price. It does have a lot of features though and does take some getting used to and learning.
Update - Developers finally added insert image function to my document.
no nonsense app
i wanted an app to work with office documents, especially openoffice docs since that is what my company uses.
Most apps only support doc and docx files but this one actually supports odt as well. Now I am able to edit my contract templates and email them as PDFs to my clients on the road with my 4g ipad!!!
Update: Wow, this version now supports image upload, amazing! I can now insert pictures I take with my iPad directly into the document. Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 30, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Appsverse Inc.
- © Appsverse Inc. (Office)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.