+ Create and edit Microsoft Word® (.doc and .docx) and Open Office Documents (.odt) on your iPad.
Open Word for iPad allows you to create, view and edit Microsoft Office 2007,2010,2013 documents, Open Office Open Text Documents and LibreOffice text documents.
You can transfer existing .doc or .docx from your PC to the iPad via Wifi Transfer or USB Sync. You can also edit existing files from Dropbox, Google Docs, Google Drive and Box.com.
Open Word for iPad supports the following in editing Word and text documents
+ View, create and edit Microsoft Word 2007,2010,2013 documents (.doc & .docx)
+ View, create and edit Open Text Documents (.odt)
+ Powerful file management capability for your iPad that is integrated with Dropbox, Google Docs, Google Drive and Box.com.
+ Convenient file transfer capability with support for Wi-fi transfers.
+ Spelling and grammar checking functionality
+ Insertion of headers, footers and comment
+ Support insertion, deletion, merging and spliting cells in tables
+ Word and characters Count
+ Text highlighting
+ Multiple and granular zooming
+ Unlimited number of undos and redos
+ Large number of font supports
+ International language input
+ Drawing tools support including drawing of shapes
Open Word Processor Professional for iPad is a cloud based solution hosting the popular LibreOffice which is a fork of the popular Open Office which has been downloaded more than 100M times.
- Not all documents can be opened or edited successfully. Some opened and saved documents may result in a loss of formatting due to formats in compatibility. If you are unsure, you can email us your non-confidential document to our support email to help you test if the app can open the documents successfully for you.
- OpenOffice.org™ is a registered trademark of Oracle.
- LibreOffice™ is a trademark of The Document Foundation.
- Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- This app is not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by LibreOffice, OpenOffice or Microsoft
- This app is a cloud based and hosted solution and requires users to be online for its editing features.
- If you are interested in using LibreOffice on desktop computers, please visit www.libreoffice.org
+ Bug fixes
+ Improve word processing performance
Ratings and Reviews
Typing response is unusably slow with an external keyboard. Also Dropbox complains that they’re using an API which is deprecated, and I was unable to make Dropbox access work at all. One star for a good idea (and because I can’t give it zero) but -4 stars for not being useable.
As many have said before it is unusably slow and even if you do get it to work it’s interface doesn’t connect with anything very well at all. Very disappointing that apple allows this in their App Store.
Waste of money
Even the typing response is too slow, the whole app reminds me of 90s but in a very unpleasant way,
- Appsverse Inc.
- 35.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Appsverse Inc. (Office)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.