Our mission at #open goes beyond just dating or hooking up—we're working to build a community where people can form genuine connections.
And we're hoping to make the world a little better, while we're at it.
Create a profile in #open and we’ll give a dollar to Planned Parenthood, up to $69,000!
Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INCLUSION: #open is dedicated, first and foremost, to being inclusive: to accepting people of all gender identities and orientations, from all walks of life, in any sort of relationship that makes you happy, no matter what gets you going.
IDENTITY: Inclusion goes beyond acceptance; it requires that everyone is provided the opportunity to express their unique self. It requires the freedom to share who we are without fear of judgement. It requires that all of us are free to self-identify however we chose.
COMMUNITY: To provide that freedom, #open has to be more than just a dating app–it has to be a community. Maintaining a community requires more than just showing up! We all rely upon each other to ensure that our community remains inclusive, accepting, and friendly.
RESPECT: Treating each other with the respect, compassion, and empathy that we all deserve is what keeps our community strong. Respecting the desires and boundaries of others is what makes us what we are–affirmative, enthusiastic consent isn't optional in our interactions with each other, it is absolutely required.
COMMUNICATION: Our commitment to open and honest communication ties it all together; genuine respect necessitates nothing less. Making ourselves clear and making ourselves heard is requisite of happy, healthy relationships, and at the end of the day, a community is no more or less than the relationships we have with each other.
EDUCATION: Finally, reaching beyond the bounds of our community, we are committed to making the society in which we all reside a better place by producing research and providing education relating to human relationships, human sexuality, gender identity, and the ways in which we can best protect vulnerable populations both inside and outside of our community.
Help center: https://support.hashtagopen.com/hc/en-us
• We've added some tips to walk users through the signup process.
• The See and be seen by section in Boundaries has had a bit of a redesign.
• It should now be clearer when you are already authenticated and don't need to log in again when opening the app.
• Our welcome message received a few tweaks.
• While creating a profile during signup you can now tap on the tabs at the top of the screen to go back to previous steps.
• The buttons that let you like or pass on a profile should now be reenabled more quickly when showing a new profile in Card view.
• Grid view now has an indicator to let you know when it's busy loading profiles to show you.
• Fixed an issue that could cause people's names in chat to desync if they were changed while you were talking to them.
• Made legible a confusing error message that could occur if you entered a phone number that wasn't (a phone number).
• The gender identity options were mistakenly out of order.
• The "Send Code" button on the Login screen has been renamed "Request Code" to avoid confusion.
Ratings and Reviews
Already Loving It!
I’m already appreciating the app even though it’s barely full; less then 50 folks with my preferences setting.
My favorite part is that I don’t have to hold out or hide my desires, preferences or kinks. In fact, I found even more ways to talk about what I want via the hashtag option.
I’m still new at using Apps for dating, like just a year or so, and besides all the options for identities and preferences, I like the layout. It’s clean and easy to navigate. I love that if I accidentally like or dislike someone, I can switch is needed.
And while I’m hoping for other QTPOC (it is in beta, and I’m the only one,) I’m loving the diversity of age, genders, relationships desires across the board.
I haven’t dated anyone found on an App yet, and something tells me this will be where I do!
Congratulations and keep growing!!
Not accessible to blind users.
This sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, I can’t get past the introductory profile screen because the text fields to create a profile are not labeled at all. I have no idea what to write in them, although I’m guessing it’s something like first name, last name, email, etc. So, I’d love to become a part of the community, but not being able to fill in the intro fields is kind of a problem. Perhaps it would be helpful for the developers to look at how to label these for voiceover users so they can incorporate an entire new market of blind users into their community.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for calling this very important issue to our attention. We’re really sorry you’ve run into trouble accessing #open—we aim to be the most inclusive "dating" platform possible. Our team is working on integrating proper accessibility features, but we're not quite there yet. We’d be happy to assist you with your "Profile Setup" in the interim—please email email@example.com, and we will help you through the process.
Once this is up and running, I can see the potential. Would be helpful for newbies to get to see some examples of hashtags to be used. I updated my profile three times after reading others’ profiles.
- Open App, LLC
- 40.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Open App, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.