If you love tracking aircraft using Virtual Radar Server or dump1090 then you'll love OpenADSB.
OpenADSB connects to and visualizes air traffic from any VRS or dump1090 server. Enjoy OpenADSB's smooth native iOS experience instead of using VRS' web interface.
• Connects to Virtual Radar Server version 2.4 and dump1090 (mutability and MalcolmRobb forks), supports password protected VRS servers
• Comes preconfigured using ADS-B Exchange (adsbexchange.com)
• Smoothly displays thousands of aircraft
• Shows aircraft history trails for a single or multiple aircraft
• Various aircraft and history trail color schemes and optional legend
• Fully configurable filtering, display only the aircrafts you want to see
• Configurable military, VFR and emergency highlights
• Long-press on an aircraft to perform a browser search of its callsign and registration
• Tap on an aircraft to show more details including a thumbnail image
• Details are fully configurable and includes callsign, registration, ICAO hex code, altitude, speed, vertical speed, heading, aircraft type & operator, squawk code, MLAT, latitude/longitude and more
• Display values in imperial or metric
• Convert airport codes between ICAO and IATA
• Bookmark up to 3 favorite locations
• Optimized data fetching logic minimizes network, battery usage and server load
• Highly configurable
• Supports Split View, Slide Over and multitasking on iPad
Notes and Limitations
OpenADSB displays the air traffic data as presented by the server. Data accuracy is the sole responsibility of the server, and OpenADSB will display any such inaccuracies.
• Support for FlightAware dump1090 v3.6.2.
Ratings and Reviews
Great adsb app - looking forward for updated features
as a adsb receiver feeder to a few of the popular aircraft tracker sites, it’s great to see all my data and others unblocked and viewable as it should be from airwaves. There are a few updates needed like added filters for operator name not just 3 letter codes... and more filters or combination of filters like browser version VRS supports. Great app, look forward to future enhancements
Thanks for the feedback. The full operator name is available as a selection property, look under Selection Properties in Settings. Filter by ICAO hex code is supported in version 1.1.2. A new full featured search is coming soon, stay tuned.
Great for dump1090 users
I have a receive station set up at home with dump1090. Unfortunately the web interface is not very mobile-friendly. This app is excellent for checking on what's flying around me without pulling out a laptop.
Fast and useful!
I use this app to quickly ID planes that are around me and for general plane spotting. Well done and very easy to use, plus it is fast to get planes on the map when it starts up.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.