If you love tracking aircraft using Virtual Radar Server or dump1090 then you'll love OpenADSB.
OpenADSB connects to and visualizes air traffic from any VRS or dump1090 server. Enjoy OpenADSB's smooth native iOS experience instead of using VRS' web interface.
• Connects to Virtual Radar Server version 2.4 and dump1090 (mutability, MalcolmRobb and FlightAware forks), supports password protected servers (basic access authentication)
• Comes preconfigured using ADS-B Exchange (adsbexchange.com), note that OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC
• Smoothly displays thousands of aircraft
• Shows aircraft history trails for a single or multiple aircraft
• Various aircraft and history trail color schemes and optional legend
• Fully configurable filtering, display only the aircrafts you want to see
• Configurable military, VFR and emergency highlights
• Long-press on an aircraft to perform a browser search of its callsign and registration
• Tap on an aircraft to show more details including a thumbnail image
• Details are fully configurable and includes callsign, registration, ICAO hex code, altitude, speed, vertical speed, heading, aircraft type & operator, squawk code, MLAT, latitude/longitude and more
• Display values in imperial or metric
• Convert airport codes between ICAO and IATA
• Bookmark up to 3 favorite locations
• Optimized data fetching logic minimizes network, battery usage and server load
• Highly configurable
• Supports Split View, Slide Over and multitasking on iPad
Limitations and Disclaimer
OpenADSB is a general air traffic visualizer for Virtual Radar Server and dump1090 data sources. OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC. As a convenience, OpenADSB comes preconfigured using ADSBexchange.com as the default data source. Air traffic data, its accuracy, and its validity, is the sole responsibility of the data provider. OpenADSB is for entertainment use only, and not for operational, flight, navigation, or any mission critical use.
• When a filter is active there's an info button that explains the details of the filter.
• The selected track is kept unobscured by any neighboring tracks' callouts.
Ratings and Reviews
Great ability to see a fleet or known tails
At first I was frustrated that I couldn’t see ADSB history however the ability to add filters with multiple tails turns this app into something nobody else offers that I know of. I can add 10 tails of friends, colleagues or company aircraft and I can just look at the entire country which includes my gps position and see where anyone else is if they’re airborne. I also like to see who is over my house when I’m at home and check for military aircraft maneuvering in my area. This is one of the few pay apps I buy each year and I’m glad I did.
Great adsb app - looking forward for updated features
as a adsb receiver feeder to a few of the popular aircraft tracker sites, it’s great to see all my data and others unblocked and viewable as it should be from airwaves. There are a few updates needed like added filters for operator name not just 3 letter codes... and more filters or combination of filters like browser version VRS supports. Great app, look forward to future enhancements
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. The full operator name is available as a selection property, look under Selection Properties in Settings. Filter by ICAO hex code is supported in version 1.1.2. A new full featured search is coming soon, stay tuned.
Great for dump1090 users
I have a receive station set up at home with dump1090. Unfortunately the web interface is not very mobile-friendly. This app is excellent for checking on what's flying around me without pulling out a laptop.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.