OpenAnesthesia Self-Study and Keywords
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The OpenAnesthesia Self-Study and Keywords app features three volumes of review questions (dated July 2013, January 2014, and June 2014) from OpenAnesthesia.org's popular "Question of the Day" database, as well as definitions for our most popular keywords. It is a resource for resident anesthesiologists, CRNAs, sRNAs, and physicians in the field who wish to improve their knowledge of basic and advanced concepts using a question-and-answer approach.
• Community Performance – statistics showing the percentage of users who chose each response. These statistics are compiled from users' answers to OpenAnesthesia.org's "Question of the Day" feature and the OA Self Study app.
• Syncing -- The OA Self Study app and OpenAnesthesia.org are synched daily. Each time the app is opened, its keyword content is updated.
• ABA Keywords can be sorted by category, year in which they appeared on the exam, and by percentage answered correctly
• Related review questions – In the Keywords section, any keyword which appears in a question explanation is identified
• Linked references – In the explanation for each question, references are linked to keywords right in the app, or the in-app browser for article references
• Text highlighting
• Notes – take notes while you study using the audio or text notes function
• Mark questions as favorites
• Full-text search and built-in dictionary
Each review question has been written by an OpenAnesthesia
physician editor and contains a complete explanation of the answer,
along with helpful links to keywords and articles in OpenAnesthesia
and PubMed. Many articles are linked to related podcasts and videos.
The app also allows you to reset your answers and retest yourself,
select favorites, and make text or audio notes.
The keywords list includes keywords and phrases from the 2008-2013
ABA in- training exams, followed by the percent of residents in their
final year of training who correctly answered the question pertaining to
the keyword. Keywords can be sorted by name, category, year and
percentage, and most keywords have full definitions. We invite you
visit OpenAnesthesia.org to create an account and contribute to the
ABA Keyword section.
Content Copyright © 2014 International Anesthesia Research Society,
All Rights Reserved
App designed and developed by Amphetamobile, LLC
What's New in Version 3.0
• New Question Volume – We have added a June 2014 question volume with 150 new review questions.
• The interface had been updated to iOS 7 designs
Excellent app but questions are expensive
Great app, awesome for quick reviews and daily key words while in the OR. The questions are good but are expensive. For the price of the three sets, you could buy the entire Hall book.
Hangs then crashes
Newest version hangs ok splash screen then immediately crashes.
Used to be a great app with all access to OA keywords and more importantly, boards-style questions. Played a key role in helping me prepare for and pass the ABA writtens.
Until this glitch is fixed, however, app is useless.
Question 101 has a typo in the answer
Morphine is known to be hydrophilic but the answer says its hydrophobic
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jun 13, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Amphetamobile, LLC
- © 2013, 2014 International Anesthesia Research Society and Amphetamobile
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Set of 151 Review Questions$24.99
- Set of 150 questions$24.99
- Set of 150 questions$24.99